PDA

View Full Version : Lands End Do-It-All owners- how do you like your diaper bag?

my3fallkiddos
08-04-2005, 12:15 PM
And it's not for me, lol, but my SIL is eyeing this diaper bag. She likes my OiOi but not the price tag plus feels that diaper bags get beat up...so the LE would hold better, at least she thinks so.

So for those that have this diaper bag, how do you like it? Pros/Cons? She'll be packing things for two kids (a newborn and a 3 year old come this late fall).

Thanks!

Carrie
EDD w/#3 9/20/05

Niki_n_Abby
08-04-2005, 01:02 PM
The Do-it-All is a duffle bag. It is large and bulky. It really is a gymbag with extra pockets. You can pack for a weekend with it. Have her look at the LL Bean diaper bag/Large Touring Travel bag. It is large enough for 2, much better organized and not bulky. It will be just as durable and the Lands End ones. I love mine and I've owned the LE DIA(old style and new style), Little Tripper(several versions), and Deluxe Backpack. Of all of them I love the LL Bean the best for organization, comfort and daily use(the price is right too).

HTH!
Niki

mommato2boys
08-04-2005, 04:22 PM
The landsend bag is definately going to hold up well. It is a nice quality bag. My only complaint is that it isn't very stylish. Maybe more color choices or patterns and I would LOVE it. But it does hold a lot and good organization. I love the extras that I have room to carry in it! I love being able to put a baby blanket in it and still have room!!!!!

bubbaray
08-04-2005, 10:28 PM
I have one that I've used for DD at daycare. It is a serviceable bag -- not pretty, but it gets the job done. You can't beat the price and its a nice size for 2 children.... It wears well and LE has a great CS policy. If anything goes wrong with the bag, EVER, she can return it no questions asked.

For $29, even if she ends up with a different bag, she can always use the DIA for the car or for all day trips.

HTH

Melissa

Maya Papaya!
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040411/3/4/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]

geniatk
08-12-2005, 11:17 AM
I just got the new DIA and took to East Coast on vacation. It was great! very organized which I love for those quick diaper changes or finding a toy, etc. A little big, but we are at the baby food stage and were out all day every day. I used the center removable bag for baby food which made it easier to take out and carry a lighter bag if we didn't need food right then. I wish I had ordered a darker color (light blue) and will probably do that -- but I couldn't recommend highly enough. DH even loves it. I am sure I will get one of the smaller bags when we move into a "less stuff" phase, but for now I tend to overpack for all day excursions.

Jen841
08-12-2005, 02:58 PM
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=63&topic_id=25416&mode=full&page=

We love ours! As you will see in this other post we have a problem, but they REALLY stand behind their products! I now want one of all 3 of what they have.

It is not super stylish, BUT a friend told me to get on DH won't hesitate to carry. He'll carry this with no problem... now my "girlie" bags are another battle : ) I am happy to have a bag that does not scream "Baby" all over it. Call me practical, but I like things that are good quality and have a long life. That is what this bag is.

Speaking of "girlie" bags I highly do not recommend one from BabyStyle. I received mine as a gift. After a short time it looked horrible. Due to a move it was packed away for months. When contacted them about it (which they should be embarrassed to see it!) they would not do anything about it. Sadly it was only lightly used. It would not be big enough for two, but the LandsEnd one is.

Live and Learn!

TahliasMom
08-12-2005, 04:11 PM
I didn't like. it's like an oversized gym bag with lots of side pockets and a divider pocket but it's awkward to carry because it just has carrying straps but not a shoulder strap. i have used it 2-3 times for overnights trips but it's not practical to carry around.

tweetykl
08-13-2005, 10:32 AM
We have purchased this bag and we don't have the baby yet but we are impressed with how much fits into it but it doesn't seem as big as what I have put in it. My dh loves the look of it because I was able to get it in the colors of our college. The only downfall for me is the strap and I think I am going to have a friend make it into more of a shoulder strap.