PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have the "Floppy Seat" for grocery carts? Questions...

oviedomomjan05
08-04-2005, 01:44 PM
I purchased, like so many others, the floppy seat cover for grocery carts and I seem to be having trouble with it. I want to get your opinion on it!

My son can sit up okay but I have other friends whose babies are less sturdy and/or are younger and they don't seem to have the same problems I do. My son slips all over the place, even with the strap over him.

But, my biggest issue is that when he moves around, the back part comes off and slides down, which then makes him slide down. For some reason, it doesn't stay over the edges of the cart. Is there a secret to making it stay? I read the directions over and over, but still feel like I am missing something.

I looked at the chubby seats too...are they better? Help!

oviedomomjan05

dhano923
08-05-2005, 05:16 AM
I have the FLoppy Seat and the back used to slide down like you described in the beginning. Then I realized that I didn't have the back and sides pulled over the cart enough, so when DS moved, they would come off. You have to give it a good overhang because it will move on its own to the correct spot. Keep in mind that the strap is there to secure your son, but if he tends to lean over while sitting, it won't help for that. It's more for keeping older kids secure in the seat.

When DS was younger, I would lie him down in the floppy seat with a small pillow undr his head, or I would spread the Floppy Seat out in the cart basket and lie him in there. We didn't really start using it for him for sitting until he was 8-9 months old.

HTH!