PDA

View Full Version : Dash owners...HELP!!!

lmwbasye
08-04-2005, 05:35 PM
Okay, I finally got my beloved Dash and have two big questions.

1. What do you carry in your Dash? I am a FTM and feel like it is a bit small still, but definitely want to stick with this so it will help me to NOT carry everything with me. I know I don't need it all, but don't know what I do need.

2. Do you carry your Dash around at all or just leave it with the stroller? If you leave it with the stroller, do you have a separate purse just for you?

Thanks so much for all your help. You ladies are so great and I always find awesome advice here.

Laura :)

Liam (10/21)

Mermanaid
08-04-2005, 06:23 PM
I'm a FTM too, and I've been using the Dash since Mother's Day (what a great gift from DH!). So far I love it...not too big, not too small. Here's what I carry:

Outside bottle holders:
-- One bottle
-- The other pocket holds my cell phone, keys, etc.

Outside pockets:
-- Small zippered bag with tylenol, gas drops, bulb and other small odds and ends
-- Small zippered bag with Mallie's medicine (already drawn up in the syringe)

Inside side pockets:
-- Sunblock
-- Two juice bottles (the small Gerber ones)

Inside back pockets:
-- Plastic travel box of wipes
-- 3-4 size 2 diapers

Inside middle:
-- A take and toss bowl
-- One or two jars of baby food
-- Formula dispenser
-- Rolled up blanket

Inside pocket behind the top zipper compartment:
-- A change of clothes

Top zippered pocket:
-- Teething beads
-- A ziplock with hand sanitizer, lotion, etc.
-- Snacks (usually wagon wheels)
-- A small bottle of bubbles (she loves them)

Hopefully all that makes sense. I do carry a separate purse because I work and I don't want to constantly be pulling my wallet, etc. from the diaper bag to take to work with me everyday. It's a pain, but much easier than accidentally forgetting my wallet in the diaper bag.

caridura
08-04-2005, 09:11 PM
Wow, great post on your contents Jenn! :) Very helpful. I just ordered a Dash in Red (I sold my PPB) and can't wait to get it! I think that it will fit my needs perfectly.

Only difference is that I will be putting my wallet and personal items in the bag because I don't like to carry a seperate purse while out.

lmwbasye
08-04-2005, 09:15 PM
Jenn,

Thank you so much! What a huge help this was. And a FTM at that. I'm impressed. :)

Sari, I'm with you. I also don't like to carry a separate purse, but am worried that it will be a pain to unattach and reattach the Dash.

Anyone BTDT have advice on this?

Laura :)

Liam (10/21)

mariza
08-05-2005, 08:38 AM
I keep my cell phones (yes, 2 phones, one is for work which I must carry even when off-duty) and keys one of the front pockets. The 2nd front pocket holds hand sanitizer and a keyring that I keep all of my grocery/ store "member cards" and still has room for the PDA I plan to get. The top zippered compartment holds my wallet and an extra pacifer. In the main compartment I keep a change of clothes (or 2) DD is 7 months and we're in FL so they are small (usually Carters 1 piece romper) Also keep about 4 size 3 disposable diapers in the inside pocket, a cloth diaper used for burp cloth in the other inside pocket along with 2 bibs. On top of the main compartment I keep my formula dispenser and in the large velrco'd inside compartment I throw a couple of jars of baby food and a take n' toss cup & spoons.
I keep a bottle on the outside, side pocket and a bottle of water for me on the other outside, side pocket. I keep the wipes in the back outside pocket with the changing pad.
It's the same amount of stuff I use to carry in the Expo, but soooo much better organized. HTH!

caridura
08-06-2005, 11:46 AM
I currently have a DUO and I just put my wallet, keys and cell phone in one of the top zippered compartments. When at the mall, it's easy to access while the bag is attached to my stroller.

I imagine I'll do something similar with the Dash. Except maybe use one of the outer pockets. You could also use a wristlet to keep all your stuff in. I haven't done that simply because my wallet is SO overstuff and I can't seem to dwindle it down to fit what I need in a wristlet. ;)

JTsMom
08-06-2005, 04:15 PM
I only carry the Dash. I attach it/unattach it every time b/c I don't think I could fold the stroller with it on, plus I might need my wallet or something, so I wouldn't want to leave it in the car. It's not too big of a pain, it takes maybe 30 seconds at the very most, probably more like 15. I don't go a ton of places though, so maybe that's why I don't mind.

In the Dash I have:
Outside Pockets- cell phone, antibacterial hand stuff, keys, paci
Side Pockets-Burp cloth in one (rolled up), water bottle in the other
Back Pocket-That's where I put the strap when I take it off. At first I was putting my large Patemm pad in it, but that made it really bulky. Now if I take it, I throw it in the stroller basket.

Inside
Zipper Pocket- Tylenol and Tums (leftover habit from pregnancy), lipstick, and a couple other little things

Back Pockets- one has I *think* 5 or 6 diapers, the other has the wipes box and 2 disposable changing pads, and 3 large Ziplocs for wet clothes or a dirty diaper

Front pocket- I shove a couple extra diapers in there, just in case

Middle- These things I put in standing up to combat the black hole effect- A rolled blanket, change of clothes and an umbrella. I lay my wallet across the top for easy access.

I also hang a little Tiny Love Toy off the handle. DS is too young for toys or snacks really, so I don't carry that stuff yet. I bf, so no bottles either. I still have a good amount of room left over, and it's really easy for me to find things.

I think I pack light, but I also have an emergency stash in my car. It's one of those freebie bags from the hospital, and it holds a change of clothes, a ton of diapers and a pack of wipes.

tzipora
08-09-2005, 12:24 AM
Thanks so much for that rundown on what you fit in yours! I've been wistfully eyeing the Dash since just before DD was born, but I wasn't sure if everything that I tend to tote around would fit...

DCmommy
08-09-2005, 04:40 AM
Hi Laura! Re: your question about carrying a separate purse or not with your new Dash, I also hate to carry more than one bag, but I didn't just want my stuff floating around the diaper bag, and I also wanted to be able to have something to grab if I'm going out without the Dash. I bought a juicy wristlet (the one with the heart-shaped mirror -- I splurged on a mommy present for myself!) that slides perfectly into one of the outside bottle pockets of my Dash where I keep my cell phone, keys, lip gloss, and wallet (although it's a small wallet).

This has worked perfectly for me, because I have easy access to my stuff, it's kept separate from the other stuff, but I don't have to use more than one bag. You could try the same with any other kind of long and narrow bag to fit in the outside pockets, or a narrower bag if you wanted to keep it inside. I like mine in the outside pocket because it's easier to grab when shopping!

HTH! Enjoy the Dash!

Megan
Mommy to Patrick, 1/16/03
EDD #2 8/16/05