PDA

View Full Version : Sew Cute Boutique shopping cover fabrics

Canna
08-05-2005, 09:45 AM
I am trying to decide if there are any Sew Cute Boutique fabrics that I really like, or if I need to look for a custom fabric. None of the ones online are really grabbing me right now, but it is also hard to tell since all the pictures are so tiny! I wish you could enlarge or zoom in on them!

I'm wondering what fabrics you have and whether you looked for a different custom fabric, and I would love to see some pictures as well! Thanks!

firsttimemommy
08-05-2005, 10:50 AM
I believe Cathy at Sew Cute Boutique takes a good photo on an actual shopping cart of every cover she makes and sends it to the buyer before she ships so they can see what theirs looks like in a final product. Those pics are nice b/c it shows you what the fabric print looks like in a full sized version. Why don't you email her and ask her if she keeps those and if so, could she email you the ones you are interested in?

The first cover she made for me I sent her the fabric - it was Michael Miller "Cowpokes" - now she carries alot of the Michael Miller fabric hersefl and all of it just ADORABLE - I have the baseball one :)

Cathy is a sweetheart and makes an excellent cover so you can't go wrong ordering from her!

Ronda
Proud Mommy to 2 adorable munchkins - 1/03 and 4/04

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes........that way you are a mile away and you have their shoes."

Alys the Cat
08-05-2005, 11:50 AM
If you don't want to buy your own fabric, Cathy has others available that aren't posted on her site. When I had mine made, she e-mailed me several good-size digital "swatches" to choose from. I'm sure she could do the same for you.

BTW, Cathy's work is BEAUTIFUL and she's a pleasure to do business with! I'd order from her again in a heartbeat.

Mermanaid
08-05-2005, 05:23 PM
Are there any that you are leaning towards? Maybe someone around here has one and can post a picture of it.

I ordered the Hello Kitty Blue Hawaiian....but won't get it until later this month because Cathy is on vacation. If you like that pattern, I can post a picture when I get my cover if you end up waiting that long.

Canna
08-05-2005, 06:34 PM
I am leaning toward the Rocket Rascals, which I did find a picture of using Search, or the Monkeys on a yellow background, but I can't tell if the monkeys are cute or not!

Mermanaid
08-05-2005, 11:32 PM
I like both of those! Email Cathy and she'll send you a pic of them I'm sure. She attached a pic of the material when she confirmed my order. It was a true close up so pretty easy for me to see exactly what it looked like.

caridura
08-06-2005, 11:42 AM
I ended up sending her my own fabric. Someone here posted their Sushi fabric cart cover and that is the same one I ordered. I love it!!

golfgirl12_27
08-08-2005, 09:39 PM
I ordered my own and had it shipped to her. It's "Bounding Blossoms" by Michael Miller (there's a pic on her website of one made with the same material). There's a lot of great Miller fabrics and Kaufman prints are nice.

www.ladybuttonfabrics.com
www.thecottonshop.net

Canna
08-08-2005, 10:13 PM
Thanks everyone! I decided to choose my own fabric and went with this one. Can't wait to see how it turns out - I'll post pictures later!

http://www.equilter.com/MMASI8BL.jpg

supercalifragilous
08-10-2005, 10:02 AM
That fabric is SUPERcute! I have a Chinese friend who is pregnant and would love to get some yards of that fabric to make something for her! Where did you find it and what is it called/who is it by?

lenserjl
08-10-2005, 11:10 PM
Can someone give me the website for sew cute boutique (Cathy)? I can't seem to find it and I would love to order a cover. Thanks!

Canna
08-11-2005, 08:08 AM
I got it on equilter.com - they have soooo many cute fabrics! If you click on "Related Links" to right of the fabric I chose, you'll see it in black and yellow background-color as well, and some other cute ones.

http://www.equilter.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_prod.html?p_prodid=52217&sid=31U9Hz1FP2dJ2R5-13105078397.d7