PDA

View Full Version : suggestions on a large tote bag?

kylesmom
08-05-2005, 10:26 AM
Hi all. I need to get large tote bag/diaper bag that holds alot. I am a very heavy packer. I tend to do a lot of day trips with my 10 month old son and so need to pack all the food, diapers and other necessites that he would need plus his favorite toys. I would like a tote style bag with pockets on the inside. I have had a mothership which I sold. I have a T&L large bebe which I mostly use but need something bigger for longer days and traveling. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. TIA!

ckleist
08-05-2005, 11:41 AM
the LL bean microfiber tote is a great all day bag, and the timbuk2 large cargo tote is another great all day bag, but lacking in organization/pockets. I've got both, the nice thing about the t2 is that it is machine washable but it is too big to carry around, nice for spending the day at my parents or keeping in the car. you can fit almost as much stuff in the ll bean tote, and it isn't nearly as awkward to carry around.

here's a link to some pics I posted which also shows the t2 large cargo tote and the fleurville st for comparison

another good size tote that is roomy but not overly big is the chester tote diaper bag (not the classic). they are having a sale (I think the code might be AUGSEP05 for 20% off) and they have 2 colors left of the bag on the sale page, cocoa and strawberry). Initially I was going to return that tote because I didn't like the color, but now I'm thinking about keeping it because it is such a great size and has several pockets

www.chesterhandbags.com

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=63&topic_id=24741&mesg_id=24741&listing_type=sear
ch

Judie
08-05-2005, 12:23 PM
are you still using the ll bean tote? i'm considering buying this. we are going to florida soon and i was thinking this would be a good bag to have for the trip. however, i feel a bit guilty about buying the bag just for one trip....although we have family in florida so i would be using it a few times a year.

AND...i'm still considering the chester tote since you liked it so much. i'm waiting to receive my bumble jessica and i don't think i need another bag but..... you know how it goes. the fact that the top isn't zippered is holding me back. do things fall out of it?

judie

ckleist
08-05-2005, 01:31 PM
I haven't used the chester tote yet, because I haven't decided if I'm keeping it or not. The color has sort of grown on but I'm not sure about the no zip either. I've used the ll bean tote a few times and like it, but would like something a tad smaller for shorter trips. I think the chester is about the right size, but I'm still looking. I saw some cute bags at LeSportSac, the medium tribeca tote looks like it would be a good size but haven't seen them IRL.

cartersmom
08-05-2005, 05:02 PM
I'm a heavy packer. I love the tote I have from Periwinkle Baby. It fits everything that I need for three boys (two in diapers).

Judie
08-05-2005, 05:23 PM
thanks for your update! the more i think about it, the more it bothers me that the chester bag doesn't have a zipper close. i'm still considering the ll bean tote, but you're right, it does seem big. it may be good for traveling though.

judie