PDA

View Full Version : Funny smell in my new Kecci

stcelia
08-08-2005, 09:32 AM
My new kecci has a really strong chemical odor. This is way beyond the new fabric smell you'd expect. Everything that goes in it, comes out smelling like it. I used it the other day and when I pulled out DS's pacifier, it even tasted like the smell. I'm going to air it on the porch for a few days, and maybe that will help, but I just find it really odd. I don't know if it is somthing they use in manufacturing or if it is some sort of dry cleaning chemical or what. I don't remember that my other Kecci had any smell at all. Has anyone else noticed this? What should I do? TIA. Jenn

supercalifragilous
08-08-2005, 03:10 PM
It seems like some of the Kecci bags smell worse than others. My original bag smelled really bad but the replacement one (zipper broke on the original) wasn't so bad.

I think it has to do with the vinyl they use inside the bag. When they ship it, they zip it up and pack it in a plastic zip-top bag so it doesn't get aired out at all but just locks in that odor.

I hung mine outside in the sunshine like you're doing to air it out for a couple of days and laid the changing pad out in the sun.

toomanystrollers
08-08-2005, 07:43 PM
Yes, like PP suggested - sunshine! Hang your Kecci inside out & baked that nasty vinyl odor away :)

HTH

michlyn
08-10-2005, 11:01 PM
Thanks for posting. Mine has had a smell for months, but I don't use this bag often. It's good to know how to get rid of the smell :-)

mrsmac
08-12-2005, 09:48 PM
Yup, I had two and they both had that smell. It faded away over time.

Melanie
08-12-2005, 10:58 PM
>Yup, I had two and they both had that smell. It faded away
>over time.

Ditto. Leaving outside or in a garage for a week or so would take the edge off.

shoppinggal
08-16-2005, 03:04 PM
I noticed the smell when I got my last one - the smell goes away pretty quickly. I wouldnt worry. If it really bothers you you could air it out like every one else is suggesting.

-M

shoppinggal
08-16-2005, 03:04 PM
I noticed the smell when I got my last one - the smell goes away pretty quickly. I wouldnt worry. If it really bothers you you could air it out like every one else is suggesting.