PDA

View Full Version : Is sewcuteboutique the ultimate?

swrenak
08-08-2005, 04:34 PM
I'm thinking of getting a cart cover for baby #2 even though I never used one for my daughter. I see lots of positive opinions about sewcuteboutique - is that the best cover out there? (I guess by "best" I mean best deal - price & quality!) I'd appreciate opinions on them or any other brands you may have.
Also, will the seat work for a 4.5 month old who doesn't sit on his own but is about to outgrow his infant carseat?
Thanks!
Wendy

Emmas Mom
08-08-2005, 04:40 PM
Personally, I think so. I did quite a bit of checking around & even owned a floppy seat before I sold that on Craigslist because I found Cathy. I checked out the Sassy seat (?), covers 4 kids, & various others & then checked out Cathy. For the price, fact that I could pick out my own fabric & features I went with her. I still love the cover & still use it to this day. :)

morgan47
08-08-2005, 06:11 PM
I just ordered one, based on rave reviews here. Although I haven't received it yet and wouldn't know how it compares to any other cover, I can say that Cathy has been wonderful to work with so far. Even while on vacation, she has been very quick in responding to my e-mails and sending me pictures of fabric samples. If her covers are even half as good as her customer service, then they are worth it!

hapahaolegirl
08-09-2005, 10:36 AM
Wendy,

I love Cathy, both her workmanship and customer service. She is wonderful to work with. You can also send her your own fabric which is nice and she also charges less if you send in your own fabric.
As far as the cover working for your 4.5 month old. If you decide to order from Cathy I would order an extra pillow so you can put one on each side of your baby. My DD would always flop over to the side without the pillow and I always thought how nice it would have been had I ordered another pillow to keep DD upright. You could also shove a blanket on the side without the pillow but the pillow would just be easier, especially since it attaches to the cover so it can't fall on the groung.

Kristen

youngs97
08-09-2005, 09:34 PM
WE LOVE, LOVE, LOVE OURS!!! I can't say enough good things about it!! Its one of the best baby items I've bought! I sent Cathy my own fabric and it turned out adorable. Strangers stop me all the time wanting to know where I got it. My DD is so comfy & cozy in it. Now, go order one!!

lvales
08-09-2005, 10:09 PM
I have been thrilled with mine so far! I needed one quickly so I chose one she had already made - even though she was going out of town the next day she took the time to make sure my cover shipped out before she left!!!

I get so many comments on my cover, and I tell everyone where to go to get one. I've been considering getting another for the other car - but there are a few things I need to get first. I won't hesitate to order from her again!

Linda

lvales
08-09-2005, 10:09 PM
deleted double post

dowlinal
08-09-2005, 11:16 PM
I also adore Cathy and now carry her cards in my diaperbag because of the number of people who ask me where I got my cover. In fact I've now purchased four covers from her. Two for me, one for my mom, and one for a shower gift. She is incredible to work with and always gone out of her way to find the perfect fabric for me. With my first cover I asked if she had any fabric with hippos on it and amazingly she found some. For my second, she made me an unpadded one that folds up small enough to fit in my diaper bag and was perfect for a bunch of formalish events we had to attend.

BTW - When DD was small the padding and pillow were perfect for proping her up in the cover before she was sitting on her own.

swrenak
08-10-2005, 12:25 AM
WOW! What rave reviews! I guess that's enough to convince me I should get one, now the really tough decision - the fabric! There are almost too many choices. Anyone out there have the black Hawaiian? I tend to pick things that match my style more than choosing kid prints, and my style is pretty simple. (for example the 2 tan carseats to match my tan car interior, I know, I know, DULL...) I like her Hawaiian but I can't tell if the color is purplish - wouldn't work for a boy. Thanks again for all the great advice.
Wendy

suzhatch1
08-10-2005, 12:32 AM
Wendy - Also check out Chubbyseats.com

The owner/maker is also fabulous to work with. She designed & sewed 2 seat covers for me & they are super plush & wonderful. They also come with a pillow & fold into themselves to become their own tote-bag! How cool is that!

Here's pics of the ones she made for me:

(The first is a brocade w/coordinating burgundy cotton on the bottom & the other is a dual cotton print)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/28730.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/28731.jpg

HTH w/another option!
Suz :)

MaryB
08-11-2005, 01:15 PM
Hi!
I am new to the boards here and just saw these beautiful covers! Did you supply the fabric... I love your choices.
Thanks for any info.

suzhatch1
08-11-2005, 07:42 PM
Hi there - Yes, I picked the fabric & she took a certain amount of $$ of the total price because I was supplying & mailing the fabric to her.

Suz :)

houseof3boys
08-11-2005, 09:03 PM
www.snazzybaby.com is another favorite around here. They are pricey but very well made so just think about using it for baby #2 to help you get over the sticker shock!

firsttimemommy
08-12-2005, 08:19 AM
Well.....

I am another Cathy at sewcuteboutique fan. I had a floppy seat and 2 other WAHM/ebay makers seats and keep going back to Cathy! Heck I even tried to make them myself and even *I* could not match Cathy's customer service!!! LOL I always recommend her and she has never once let any of my friends/recommendations down!

I personally have had not so great customer service experience (when trying to order a cover) with snazzy baby, although I have heard they make a beautiful cover.

Ronda (who also has two tan car seats to match the color of her car interior -hey, I look at it as "classic", not "boring"!! LOL!!! Although I have to admit the "riskier" side of me really wanted to get a cow and a denim cover!! LOL)