PDA

View Full Version : Well, I hope you guys are happy. Sling Tote

ellies mom
08-11-2005, 02:14 AM
I'm looking for a new diaper bag. The whole point was to go smaller than the SH Duo and pink. Although I love the concept of Fleurville's ST, I thought it would be too big and it is quite expensive. Well, I saw it IRL today at Nordstroms. Wow, I want that bag. It doesn't seem as big IRL and the messenger strap is way more comfortable than the one one my Duo plus the tote straps are the perfect size for me anyhow. So now I'm totally lusting after it in the Pink Stripe, which of course means I "need" the wrist bag in pink stripe, and then I might was well get the pink stripe escape pod for good measure. Well, first I need to see how much basket space it hogs in my new micro. I know technically it can hang from the handles but I'm pretty sure it will be tippy. At least this bag will match both my strollers. So DH won't be left out, I've decided to get him the LE Little Tripper so he can have a "manly" bag to carry on those strollerless days.

Now, to convince DH that it would be a good birthday gift. I hear rumours that Fleurville is coming out with new color choices this fall. Does anyone know what they mean by this fall and what those new options might be? I did a search but couldn't really get a feel for what they were.

mommato2boys
08-11-2005, 10:58 AM
I'm not sure, but I would be interested in new colors, none of the ones right now seem to hit me. Looks like a nice bag though, new color choices could put me over the edge!

caridura
08-11-2005, 05:26 PM
I just got a ST in pink stripe and love it! It really isn't overly large, so it's perfect for me too. I finally used it today with the O-rings attached to my P3 and it was great!! I think I need the wristlet in pink stripe though. ;)

I hear the fall colors are Orange Cord, Tiffany Blue, White Cord and Black Cord.

HTH!

ellies mom
08-12-2005, 01:43 AM
I e-mailed Fleurville asking about the colors but they never responded. The colors you mention don't really thrill me especially since you never know what they are going to pair with it. Brown trim just doesn't do it for me. I really like the color combo on the pink stripe ST though, so I think I will ask for that for my birthday. I'll get the wristlet myself (and the escape pod later). That is the other reason I think I'll just make the plunge, I can get everything matching. I like the houndstooth but the don't make the ST in it.

Yesterday I was giving DH a feature by feature tour of the bag, showing him how well thought out it was and explaining how I couldn't even begin to make this bag. So I'm working on it.

Thanks for letting me know about the color options, I think I'll just copy you. :)

essnce629
08-15-2005, 06:13 AM
You will love the sling tote! I love mine and it has completely fulfilled my diaper bag needs! I use both the tote straps and messenger strap regularly depending on what I'm doing, and I love the stroller straps too. The messenger strap IS comfy and the tote straps are the perfect length. I have NO complaints so far (I traded my blue chocolate MS for a blue chocolate ST). It is a great bag!

***Latia
Conner 8/19/03
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aug2003angel
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif 23 months & counting! http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/9870.gif

SarahK
08-15-2005, 10:52 AM
I *love* my sling tote!!! I hang it off my Zippy and my Venezia with no problems whatsoever.

caridura
08-15-2005, 12:41 PM
Yep, I went ahead and ordered it in Pink Stripe because the new colors didn't thrill me either. I would've liked a RED ST, but since they don't seem to be coming out with that color yet, I got the Pink Stripe!

I'm sure you will love yours. :)

squimp
08-15-2005, 04:25 PM
I just wanted to say that this would definitely be a good birthday present - no question! It's a gorgeous bag. I finally saw the Blue flower pattern at the Salem mini-Nordy and am lusting heavily.

sarasmom
08-16-2005, 06:51 AM
Hi. I hang my Sling tote off my Mini. It has only tipped once when I got Sara out and I had another shopping bag hanging as well. DD is 26lbs so that helps.
Carol
Mom to Stephen 7/1/95
Alyssa 4/15/97
Sara 9/2/03

omgrown
08-16-2005, 10:00 PM
I saw my first IRL ST yesterday and I think I'm officially obsessed. I too have to ask for it for my birthday, but I don't know if I can wait a whole month! The one I saw was the blue floral which was very pretty, but I think I want the gold color, I forget what it's called. Looks to me like the perfect bag, glad to hear its getting good reviews.

kharden
08-17-2005, 09:41 AM
I need to check the sling totes out (not that I NEED another diaper bag!)......

Stacie

ellies mom
08-17-2005, 01:40 PM
I know, it takes that IRL look to push you over the edge. I had talked myself completely out of it and into either a Dash or making my own bag. Then I saw it....