PDA

View Full Version : Skip Hop Dash or Expo???

Tondi G
08-14-2005, 05:43 PM
My DH is going to kill me... we just bought a LE backpack diaper bag but I am finding it spends most of the time on the handles of the pliko and not on our shoulders at this point..... the skiphop just looks so convenient!!!

SO what are the big differences between the Skiphop bags? We have a P3 in Safari arriving tomorrow hopefully (black and khaki) so I am thinking the black may be our best bet..... the blue camo looks like fun too though! Oh and our kiddos are 4 (potty trained so just toys for him mostly) and a 3 month old! What would serve our needs best???

thanks in advance!

~Tondi
Mason 7/8/01
Aidan 5/4/05

suzhatch1
08-14-2005, 09:03 PM
I have a Dash & *LOVE* it!!

IMO, the Dash is bigger & can hold alot more. Plus the layout of the Dash is more horizontal. The Expo is more vertical. So when you open the Dash, everything seems to be laid out flat in plain site & you don't have to dig deep into the bag to find stuff. Some of the more narrow/deeper bags have the problem of stuff falling to the bottom & you have to unpack just to reach your items. I don't have that problem with the Dash at all. All the interior & exterior pockets are awesome!

Some people have mentioned they have had problem w/the scratchy part of the velcro on the exterior pockets of the Dash. Honestly, when I first got my Dash, I noticed it to & it bugged me. It was rubbing against my knuckles. I took a small pair of cuticle type nail scissors & picked away at the thread that holds the velcro in place & it removed it completely! It's like it never was there & it looks absolutely perfect. It doesn't affect the functionality of the bag or the pockets. Stuff doesn't fall out or anything like that. (If you do a search there is a couple of other threads about this as well).

Anyway, I have the black Dash and use it on our P3 & MBUS. It's a great all-around bag. I think you'd love it!

Suz :)

Tondi G
08-15-2005, 01:19 PM
thank you Suz.... I appreciate your response! The Dash sounds perfect... the whole vertical bag problem is what I am running into with our LE backpack!

~Tondi

my3fallkiddos
08-15-2005, 01:33 PM
I second the Dash. I own one in Charcoal and love it! It's smartly organized and the stroller clips are a big help. And I agree with the horizonal size making it much easier to find things. I have the canvas material Dash and I'm not worried about it getting dirty because it easily cleans (and the Charcoal hides the dirt :)). Also, the Expo doesn't have side bottle/sippy cup holders (if that matters to you :)) while the Dash does.

ETA: I bought my Dash through www.expressivetoys.com based on recommendations I read here. I ordered my Dash on a Friday and it was here on a Monday!

mommato2boys
08-15-2005, 05:07 PM
I have the expo and love it, I love the slimmer design and find that it holds a ton!! I couldn't fit it all in the dash. Packing is the key, you have to pack well and it fits a lot! I love the sporty look and the vertical packing doesn't bother me at all, I pack what I don't use that often on the bottom. I have the camo and love it!! I have two boys and find it very cute and DH likes it too! I say go for it!!!!!