PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for the best travel diaper bag

spanannie
08-16-2005, 01:11 PM
I have 2 kids, 3 and 1, and we are going to Jamaica next month. What is the best travel diaper bag?

Since it's just for travel, it doesn't have to be pretty, and would rather it not be expensive. I always hear talk about Lands End DIA, but isn't that like a duffel? I don't really want a duffel. Just something that will neatly hold all of our stuff that we'll need on the plane ride. I just bought a Posh Baby backpack, but would prefer not to take my pretty bag on an airplane trip to get messed up.

Thanks!

tmrbwilson1998
08-16-2005, 02:21 PM
Someone had suggested the Baby Sherpa to me for a long trip with 2 little ones...supposed to have nice organization and is a good size. That being said, I can speak to the LE backpack diaper bag, which we just rec'd for Baby #2 and have found it to be a nice size (I have a 2 yo and a 2 week old), though depending on how much you need to pack, you may need something bigger. I have 2 diapees and wipees holders, each wih a hard wipes case and several dipes, extra clothes for my newborn, extra thin blanket, 2 burp cloths, T&L wristlet (pretty large IMO), a few baby toiletries (brush, small thing of powder, etc.), some books and markers, 1 sippy cup, 1 bottle of water, lots of snacks (picky 2yo eater!), and some Mommy odds and ends. It can be a tight squeeze, though with all the pockets, it is easy to keep things organized according to child (each baby gets one pocket, then Mommy and Daddy get a pocket and the "mini" front pocket). The interior bright blue color is great to minimize the black hole effect, too!

Good luck!
Tina

Momof3Labs
08-16-2005, 04:17 PM
Lands End diaper backpack and medium Timbuk2 messenger have both worked well for me.

bubbaray
08-16-2005, 04:33 PM
I would go with either a LE DIA (not a duffel, opens wide like a dr's bag, very VERY easy to find things in) or a LE Backpack Diaper Bag (larger than the DIA, but not as easy to find things in). Both are sturdy enough to handle being stuffed into an overhead bin or under your seat. Reasonably priced, best warranty in the business (no questions asked, if you have a problem at any time, just return it for a refund or new bag).

HTH
Melissa

Maya Papaya!
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040411/3/4/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]