PDA

View Full Version : Mothership versus Petunia diaper bags?

soontobemommy
08-18-2005, 11:35 AM
Hi!
I just got a Fleurville Mothership diaper bag as a surprise gift - it's really beautiful and I had never seen or heard of this bag. It's the blue with chocolate trim. However I also know I am getting a Petunia Picklebottom bag with matching blanket at my shower in a few weeks from my best friend, which I love the pattern of and the backpack style. She already purchased it before I got this bag as a surprise gift.

I am not sure if I can return any of the bags but if so which one is a better bag? Pros/cons on both? I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings either and the Mothership came from some boutique out of state that really doesn't have anything else I would need so probably can't return it. I like the look of the Petunia a lot but this Mothership one is really nice. My husband likes this one too cause it's blue and not feminine and would carry it when he needs something for the baby, so thinking he could even use it but does anyone use two diaper bags? Would having two be a waste? I know I could have worse problems - LOL!

Thanks,
Lauren

murpheyblue
08-18-2005, 03:57 PM
I have both and enojoy them both for different uses. I use the PPB as more of an everyday bag. It's fairly light and I like the backpack style and roomy interior.

I have the denim Mothership too. I use the Mothership for long days out particularly places where I'm concerned by PPB would get dirty like swim lessons. I also use my Mothership as a carry on for plane trips. It stands on its own well and takes a fair amount of abuse.

If you don't think you can use both I'd call the boutique where the Mothership was purchased and see what else they have. I bet they have other high end diaper bag brands and, at a minimum, the Fleurville Sling Tote. Maybe a smaller bag would be better as a second bag for you.

It's certainly not a bad thing to have both. A girl needs more than one diaper bag. :)

feierabend35
08-18-2005, 06:52 PM
I would definitely keep them both, and count yourself super lucky for friends with some good taste. :)
If you need to feel better about having two bags, just check out the Yahoo swap board, where it's not uncommon to have 15 or more!
Jenn

soontobemommy
08-19-2005, 09:07 AM
thanks everyone - I think I will keep them both. I like the idea of using the PPB for everyday and the Mothership for longer days or trips. My husband also likes the Mothership cause it's blue and he'd use it if he has the baby.

15 bags???? I can't even imagine! LOL!
Lauren