PDA

View Full Version : Skip Hop Dash owners...I need pictures, please!

Mom to Brandon and 2 cats
08-19-2005, 12:54 AM
I'm interested in purchasing this bag for when the new baby comes...I'll have 2 kids in diapers.

I have several questions:

1) Does the internal divider go all the way down to the bottom? I want to keep each kid's diapering stuff separate.

2) Is the strap long enough to wear messenger style? I'm going to try wearing #2 in a pouch; I understand messenger style bags are the way to go with a pouch baby.

3) This bag is only slightly larger than the little tripper. How does the organization compare? I like the size of my little tripper (I'm a light packer), but don't think it will work well for 2 kids without more interior organization.

4) Looking for someone to post pictures of interior organization, please!

thank you.

audball
08-19-2005, 10:17 AM
There were two really great reviews of the Dash with pics (among others!) posted earlier:
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=63&topic_id=21382&mesg_id=21382&listing_type=search

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=63&topic_id=21550&mesg_id=21550&listing_type=search

I have the new "improved" Dash, which simply means that pen holders have been added and the rough, abrasive velcro is on the pockets themselves and not on the body of the bag. In terms of improvement, it's really how you look at it or how you wear your bag. If you tend to set your bag down and go in it, the abrasive side being on the pocket (newer style) will be better for you. But if you open your pockets while wearing your bag, you may like the "old style" better. The easiest way to ask a retailer is if there are pen holders in the front, right (bag facing you) pocket.

1. Internal divider goes all the way down to the bottom. But with the interior filled, you may have to "force" the diapers down into the pocket - the internal space is squeezed a bit when there are items in the main space or back, exterior pocket.

2. The strap is long enough for me to wear the bag messenger-style and I'm 5'2". I'm sure it would work for most average height people, no problem, as I have plenty of room on the strap to increase the length.

3. I have never owned a Little Tripper, so unfortunately, I cannot comment. But if you are familiar with the Fleurville A7, the Chester backpack, or the Skip Duo, it holds at least as much...

4. I'll try to post some interior pics, but the previous posts had some very nice ones of the bag packed.

suzhatch1
08-19-2005, 05:16 PM
Jennifer - Which internal divider are you talking about that goes all the way to the bottom?

Because:
1) Underneath the messenger flap, there is what I'd call 1 main compartment. There is a large back pocket on the inside wall that *does* go all the way to the bottom, but I wouldn't say it divides the main compartment in 1/2. The back section pocket is relatively smaller/thinner that the remaining large compartment. There is also a front section that is divided from the main compartment & it has it's own zipper. It does *not* go all the way to the bottom. It's a great place to put your wallet or keys so they don't slip to the bottom of the bag.

2) Yes, the strap is long enough for messenger style. You know, I carry DD in a pouch all the time & I never wear my bag messenger style. I actually think it's more akward that way. I wear the bag on my shoulder & it works great. (But you may find it works for you messenger style, the strap is definately do-able).

3) Again, sorry I don't have a Little Tripper to compare it to. But FWIW, I have *lots* of diaper bags and by far the Dash is the one with the most pockets, compartments & organization.

HTH!
Suz :)

Mom to Brandon and 2 cats
08-19-2005, 06:11 PM
Thanks, Suz. The description of the bag says there's an internal divider. I'm looking for a way to keep 2 different sized diapers for 2 different kids separate, so am wondering if this internal divider works. From the pics, though, it looks like I can have the 2 sets of diapers in the pockets in the inside back, and just keep the wipes in the main compartment.

One more question: Is this bag heavy? I'm asking because I was previously interested in the Loom Bandicoot, but once I saw IRL, it was pretty heavy without anything in it!

suzhatch1
08-19-2005, 06:27 PM
Hmmm....you thought the Bandicoot was heavy? I've seen that one IRL & even tried it on in the backpack style & I don't particularly remember it being heavy. The Dash isn't necessarily heavy either, but it probably does feel a little bit more "substantial" since the material is a durable weight canvas, rather than say something lighter like brocade or polyester.

Suz :)

nfowife
08-19-2005, 07:33 PM
Don't have much to add, but wanted to say I have the Little Tripper as well and even though they are similarly sized on the outside, the Dash has *way* more room on the inside. I use the LT or an ebay bag for my everyday/quick errands bag, but when I am going to be out all day I can fit everything I need in the Dash with room to spare. The Dash is a great bag!