PDA

View Full Version : Got the diaper bags figured out (my "collection") !!

my3fallkiddos
08-19-2005, 07:42 AM
After many returns on diaper bags I think I've finally found the right diaper bags!

I bought a Lands End Do-It-All for the newborn/early months. I tend to over pack when we go out with babies (2-3 change of outfits, 4 diapers, wipes, ointments, nursing pads, maybe a bottle, plus DS's diapers, wipes, sippy cups, bags for dirty diapers and my things). I kenw we could also keep the DIA for long trips as well even after the "overpacking" months have passed. I chose the Deep Claret/Black color combo :) (although DD wanted me to get the blue teal so maybe when it arrives we'll exchange it if the deep claret is too dark)

For after the newborn months (And what I'm using right now for just DS) is the Skip Hop Dash. We probably won't go out much thsoe first few weeks and then it'll turn really cold here so we'll stay in side just because of that. I'd like to have my hands/shoulders free when I go out with the kids and love that the SH attaches to the stroller :) (Which for us is the Inglesina Twin Swift when DS arrives).

I still have my Kate Spade diaper bag and love it! I could have made it work since its slightly bigger than the SH but no where near bigger than the DIA. But the DIA and SH had other advantages over the KS that made me go with them first. Also I'm keeping it for sentimental reasons, lol. DH had bought it for me as a "pregnancy gift" when I was preggo with DS #1. It's been a great diaper bag plus its very stylish and has held up amazing well!

So that's my stash ;) The DIA for the newborn months and traveling. The SH for later (and am using it right now for DS #1) and my KS for whenever :)

Hopefully between these three I won't have to buy another diaper bag until I "downsize" when DS #2 is older and DS #1 is out of diapers!

ETA: Thanks for everyone's input on the DIA. That's what I was originally going to get my SIL because she was interested in it. In the end I bought her the Tailored Tote. It's big enough for her when she has her second baby but stylish as well. It just seemed to "suit" her better in the long run. This is my baby shower gift to her so hopefully she'll like it!