PDA

View Full Version : LE fans: Tailored Tote vs. Backpack for two

Emmas Mom
08-19-2005, 03:56 PM
For those of you Lands End fans I've got a question. I'm trying to think ahead for a diaper bag for two. I'm going for function mostly, not style (have my Slingtote for that!) but I'm wondering if anyone has used these & can comment on which is more functional for two. My DD will be about 2 1/2 when #2 comes along, so I probably won't need TOO much for her but I am a bit of a packrat (especially for a newborn). I have the LE Backpack but have never seen the Tailored Tote so I don't know if I should consider it. Anyone have thoughts/comments on these?

funda62
08-21-2005, 03:32 PM
Have never used LE, but for sheer functionality nothing beats a backpack (IMHO). That way you have both hands free, one to push the stroller and the other to hold onto your DD. I've seen too many moms have their shoulder style diaper bag fall off and wap baby to ever bother with one.

Best of luck!

bubbaray
08-21-2005, 05:19 PM
The Tailored Tote is a LARGE bag. I think it would be good for 2 where you are going out for the day and staying somewhere (grandma's) as opposed to carrying it all day, KWIM? It just didn't look like it would be comfortable to carry, especially fully packed. If you have a stroller with a huge basket, it might work.

Some Sears have the TT on sale for $23 in black. You might be able to find a deal, then get both, he he he.

I agree with the PP, though, if I were carrying the diaper bag with a toddler and a newborn in a stroller, I'd definitely go for the hand-free advantage of a backpack.

HTH
Melissa

Maya Papaya!
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040411/3/4/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]

Jen841
08-23-2005, 07:50 AM
I have not seen the TT, but we decided on the backpack. I am spoiled by the one we have (and their excellent customer service, another post). I can't imaging having to carry a bag and cart around 2 kids. I need a backpack with just one!