PDA

View Full Version : Review: Built NY Lunch Tote

tobycat
08-22-2005, 10:02 AM
I bought the lunch tote in black for $14.99 + 5.95 shipping from lekkerhome.com.

I have been using it for about a week and I really like it. I have used it to pack my daughter's lunch and bottles for daycare, but today I packed my lunch in it.

For DD I pack one low, square plastic container that has an icepack built into the lid (you keep the lids in the freezer) and two Dr. Browns bottles.

Today I packed myself, one small thick pizza (homemade so size is kind of random) and baggie of cherries in the main compartment and a bottle of water in the bottle compartment.

I like that it has a zipper and not flaps or velcro. The handle is easy to use. It seems very sturdy and stretches quite a bit to accomodate different size and shape containers. I use it with an ice pack, but put my lunch in the fridge when I get to work, so I don't know how long it keeps stuff cold, but I would guess at least a couple of hours.

Anything I left out?

Candice

www.builtny.com

They just added some baby products! Am seriously considering the large bib and strolling tote!

smbirth
08-23-2005, 09:03 AM
Thanks for the review!! Looks like a great item!

I love the new bibs!!

MommytoLayla
08-23-2005, 09:54 AM
I just bought ones of these too at the same place... I think it must have been after you posted it :) Anyway I haven't used it yet since I don't go back to work until next week but I will be using it then. I really like the fact that when it is empty it will fit easily into my bag after, where as my regular lunch box did not.

Glad it is working for you!!
Shannon
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040421/3/0/1/-5/.png[/url]

MarisaSF
08-24-2005, 11:19 PM
thanks for posting, Candice! do you have any IRL pics? I'd love to see. (The model, while beautiful, is not exactly how we eat on the go. LOL)

When we're on the go, I usually pack snacks into re-used baby-food jars. Wondering how many would fit into the "sandwich" part. Any idea if something like the Playtex Straw cup would fit in the bottle side?

I'd love to find a stylish lunch bag like this that can hold my stuff and fit inside my bag.

tobycat
08-25-2005, 07:47 AM
Sorry, I haven't had time to take pics. It really looks like the picture though. I can test how many baby food jars fit into the sandwich section later. I have put a wide 8 oz Dr. Brown's bottle in the bottle section. It is a tight fit, but since the neoprene is stretchy, not a problem. We don't have the Playtex cup so I can't comment on that. I really don't forsee me ever using it as a placemat.

Candice

meshell
09-07-2005, 12:47 AM
This website has the red on sale for 11.99:

http://www.wishingfish.com/byolunchbag.html