PDA

View Full Version : Ship Hop Dash or Lil Tripper

connor_mommy
08-23-2005, 02:14 AM
Hi All,

I'm planning on getting either the Dash or Lil Tripper...or maybe both. What are you likes and dislikes about each bag? And how much can you fit into the bags.

Thanks!

mommy to Connor
2/29/2004

hapahaolegirl
08-23-2005, 12:17 PM
I only have the LT and I love it. It's the perfect size for quick trips out. I can fit:

4 size 3 diapers
1 hotsling
wipes case
onsie
large ziploc bag (dirties bag)
digtal camera
small wallet
pen
chapstick
had sanitizer
keys
16 ounce water bottle
a small snack container
a small toy

That's about it. I could shove a little more in it and I have some other small things in there as well.
I love the size though I'd also like one that is one size bigger for longer trips out. I also love the key holder, it's got a bungee cord on it so I don't ever have to take my keys off my bag which prevents me from locking my keys in the car!
I hate that the front part of the bag doesn't go all the way down so the bag tends to tip over unless I pack the bag just right. I've emailed Land's End about this and I hope there next version will correct this issue!

I'm interested in the Dash and I've seen one in real life but I'm not sure how much more it could hold then an LT.

HTH

Kristen

squimp
08-28-2005, 10:58 PM
I have both, and the LT has not seen the light of day for months. The Dash is quite a bit bigger, and has a bit more organization. And I prefer the look as well. I couldn't really fit my keys, cell and wallet in the zipper pocket of the LT. The Dash also stands up on its own more easily.

In the Dash main compartment I put 6-8 sposies, a few CDs, snacks, my sunglasses case and her sweater. In the pockets of the main compartment I put wipes case, disposable changing pads, bib, washcloth and crayons. In the little zipper half-pocket (love this) I put her spare clothes. The outside velcro pockets I put my wallet in one side, and my keys, cellie and lip gloss in the other. There's two sizeable cup pockets that are used for cups or sunglasses. There's a back pocket as well, I usually don't carry anything in that, since I have a changing pad in the car.

I could never really put more that a few dipes and change of clothes in the LT. There are bottle pockets, but if the bag is really full, they are hard to access. It's fine for a really quick trip, but I had to remember to restock it every single trip, and that was a pain.

jenfed1
08-29-2005, 01:46 PM
I have both and find the Lil Tripper to be small...but I would consider myself a big packer. I like the Dash alot - it holds way more stuff and has very useful pockets, inside and out.

mommato2boys
08-29-2005, 02:26 PM
Don't have teh little tripper but have the Dash, overall I like the bag, it is just to small for me right now. I am not crazy about the velcro but that is just the design, not a major problem but the velcro is loud, definately not something you want to open up in church!

tinainsala
08-29-2005, 03:12 PM
I've never had a Dash but I had a LT and I found it to be too small. I couldn't fit my stuff in the front pocket and I had trouble organizing/ packing it so it worked well for me. Overall, it didn't work out for me but I'm a medium packer. HTH!
Tina