PDA

View Full Version : The Un-Diaper Bag (baby style)

calv
08-23-2005, 07:36 AM
does anyone have this? Thoughts? Opionions? I was thinking of getting one since it looks a little smaller than your traditional diaper bag. TIA!

Jen841
08-23-2005, 07:48 AM
I have this and after a few months looks horrible. I cast it aside, moved and then contacted Babystyle and they would not stand behind it. I rarely used it, and it looks like it was found in the lost and found at O'Hare airport. I would not recomment this bag. I was excited about it, and it was my 'trendy' bag. I could not be more disappointed.

Sorry, may not be what you want to hear. I could not believe the uncaring response from Babystyle. Makes me not want to buy anything from them ever again.

tinainsala
08-23-2005, 09:04 AM
I also had this bag and was disappointed. It's a nice looking tote but did not hold up well to usage- it didn't hold up well at all with respect to dirt, scuffs, etc. It started looking bad after a couple of months and I'm not that tough/rough on my bags. I also had a problem with the straps not staying on my shoulder but I have a narrow frame. On the positive, it was a good size and the interior organization was fine for me. I did not contact Babystyle Customer Service so I have no experience with that. However, I would not buy another one. Hope that helps!

calv
08-23-2005, 12:58 PM
I'm so bummed to hear the negative reviews. But I appreciate your honesty, hence why I asked. :)

It's on sale for only $20 at babystyle. Would it be a total waste? did you guys pay full price? TIA.

kelly ann
08-23-2005, 01:14 PM
I didn't buy one, but it doesn't sound like it is even worth $20 given that it does not hold up. It sounds like you may have to replace it in a few months, so why not take the $20 and put it toward a bag that is made with more quality. Good luck with your diaper bag search :)

lizziebee
08-23-2005, 04:07 PM
That is a great price. I bought one of these (at full price, boo hoo)as a reward for the second baby since my bags for the first one were all totally boring. the version I have is a bit older than the one on sale. looks like they've made the straps a little thicker.

Pros for me: mine looked nice (in cool stripes) and has held up pretty well. It's a good size bag with a decent amount of room.

Cons: lining is chocolate brown so things get lost since it is a good-sized bag. The straps NEVER stayed on my shoulder. I had to stop wearing it for that reason. I still use it to hold supplies in the car, but it's a bit too big to fit well under a stroller and doesn't have a long strap that could fit on the stroller. I'm a heavy packer (two kids under three, both in diapers) and found that things just got lost in the bag.

I bought this bag before discovering this board. After reading all of the reviews here I ended up with a Kecci mommy bag in caramel, which I love. It's going to wear out (the fabric is gorgeous but it snags and is beginning to fray) and is too floppy, but the versatility of a backpack/messenger is ideal for me, and with a long shoulder strap it goes over strollers well.

My next bag will be a Jessica Bumble (in blue latte like everyone else) or something with more structure than the Kecci and more versatility than the undiaper bag.

HTH. Sorry for the novel.

Good luck!

lizziebee
08-23-2005, 04:10 PM
should have finished looking at the new version before replying. looks like they've fixed the dark bottomless pit lining problem. and really, if the straps are wide enough to fix the falling off the shoulder thing, that's good. i honestly didn't have enough room for my two still in diapers (but i'm an absurdly heavy packer). i didn't have the same quality problems as pps... so how's that for no specific guidance, just a little more feedback.

best of luck!

lizzie

Jen841
08-24-2005, 07:18 AM
Mine was a gift, and I think it was a waste. I just too a gamble on a $7.99 one from TJMaxx this weekend.