PDA

View Full Version : Cart Comforter Review

casana
08-23-2005, 08:59 AM
I thought I'd post a review of the Cart Comforter since I didn't find much here when I was looking for info on it:

I got it directly thru the manufacturer, http://www.cartcomforter.com/index.html , they were very helpful on the phone and I got my package very quickly.

Things I like about it:
1) Fits the Costco carts
2) Can put it on most any carrier/ high chair
3) Has a flaps to protect the bottom of the baby's legs (fave feature)
4) Is padded but only lightly so its not very bulky
5) Has a couple of elastic bands that make it easy to wrap up after use
6) They include a safety strap so you don't have to use the one on the cart/ chair
7) Easy enough to wash, though you have to air dry it

Things I'm iffy on
1) The safety strap is not attached, which is good & bad. Good so I can choose if I want to use it. Bad because I could loose it.
2) There are two slots for the safety strap, they're not big enough for the buckles in some carts / high chairs. This can be inconvenient if your strap is hard to attach to the seat (ie a restaurant high chair that has no rails)
3) The size is adjustible by pulling on a cord, which causes some annoying problems, specifically:
a) its not that easy to pull the cord and adjust how tight the cart comforter wraps around the cart/ chair. The cord is rather thin and the cart comforter is pretty bulky. Mine never quite conforms to the cart/ chair unless they are very big. Very Annoying.
b) Once you pull the cord its hanging out, so the baby can find it and play with it. I've tried hiding it under the cart comforter but my baby finds it anyway
c)Supposedly you can use it as a changing pad or a play-time pad, personally I'd rather use something else since it’s a hassle to readjust the cart comforter back (because of the flimsy cord)
toy looks are find, you have to provide your own lanyard for the toys.
4) Not much choice in fabric patterns

The cart works ok, protects my baby and pads the seat. If I was buying one again, I'd probably get one with an elastic cord instead if I could find one, probably a homemade one by a WAHM instead if being made in China (that's where the cart comforter is made).

Hope this helps someone decide on their baby's cart cover!

casana
08-23-2005, 09:12 AM
OOPS - sorry I thought my previous post didn't make it. Sorry for the double post! Is there any way to delete this?