PDA

View Full Version : Chester Bag for Two

mom to little e
08-24-2005, 09:55 AM
Is there a Chester bag out there that would work well for two? I LOVE my backpack and would like to have another Chester if there is a style that would work for NB (hopefully BF) and a 2 yr. old.

I have found the MS to be too big and wasn't crazy about the Sling Tote.

TIA!

Maryann
Momma to Ean...the little love of my life!
AND Baby #2 EDD 01/08/06!

mom to little e
09-01-2005, 11:48 AM
Just bumping this up in case anyone has any good suggestions!
Maryann

audball
09-01-2005, 11:57 AM
It may be hard for people to comment, since it looked like their best bet for two may be their messenger (which isn't due out until the middle of the month). I had a classic tote (older style) and it was fine for a few hours out, but too small for two in dipes (but my son has allergies, so I have to bring extra food and meds for him as well). From what I understand, the classic had more room than the diaper tote, so again, their messenger bags may be perfect!

mainepotato
09-01-2005, 09:35 PM
Hi! I just got my new style Chester classic in Bon Bon today! My baby is due in a month so I don't have any real life experience with it, but so far I like it a lot. It's pretty big and it sure looks like it would do for two kids, although you might find it TOO big? I have never seen a mothership IRL to compare, but I do have a SH Dash and it's about the same height and length, but much deeper. Oh, and it stands alone, which is nice! (I also have a Chester backpack, but don't know where to begin comparing the two of them! Ummm.. the backpack is taller, the classic is wider and deeper, and the classic has lots more pockets!)

The interior is all black, but it opens very wide (reminds me of a fish mouth, lol). It does have several pockets on the inside, two on the outside, and it came with three cosmetic bags, so that will probably help a lot with organization and finding things. As for the cosmetic bags, there was one that matched the print of the bag, one clear one, and one "free gift" one in their multistripe pattern).

It also had a nylon drawstring bag with the changing pad & a terry burp cloth in it. The changing pad is wide but short and kind of bulky, but I like the drawstring bag and think it would be handy to keep the diaper change stuff together.

I just wish that it had some kind of stroller straps or D-rings or something, as the straps will never fit over my stroller bar. The other thing I'm not sure of is the fabric.. It's a pink nylon with a red printed pattern. I have no doubt that it will be durable and clean up easily, but it has a little bit of shine to it (unlike my strawberry Chester backpack) and I'm just not in love with the colors. I'm going to keep it and hope that I warm up to them.

Oh, and I just loooove the zipper closure. It seems very stuffable! And it's so lightweight!

I hope this helps you decide if the new, redesigned Classic might or might not be for you. If you have any questions, LMK!

mom to little e
09-08-2005, 09:36 PM
Awesome - thanks for the review!! I'll have to go and check it out online. I absolutely LOVE my Chester backpack! I am not really sure why, I guess it is a good size and it does open up well to see everything. I love the backpack part and the fabric, too. Fun, lightweight, easy to clean. Maybe I'll love the Classic even more!

Maryann