PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Bauer vs. LE Diaper Backpack

anniey
08-25-2005, 03:22 PM
I am trying to decide between these two diaper bags. I want a simple, easy to use bag with lots of compartments. Since Baby #2's arrival is a few short weeks away, I need to get a move on! Both seem like sturdy diaper bags, and I liked the recommendations I saw in the BB book. My concerns with each

The EB: The only Eddie Bauer one I can find is on the EB website (our BRU doesn't have any). I don't know, it seems a little too Bookbag-ish. Hard to tell online.

The LE: I purchases a LE backpack prior to the arrival of my DS and it seemed huge. I had gotten it monogrammed, but they took it back no questions asked. That was about 2 years ago, not sure if the design has changed.

Also love the Vera Bradley quilted backpack, but I don't think it would fit all the things I would need for a newborn AND a toddler. Maybe in a few months it would be more plausable.

Does anyone have any feedback for me on these two bags? TIA!

mommato2boys
08-26-2005, 04:59 PM
I am not speaking from personal experience but my girlfriend had an older EB and it came apart after awhile, with that said, her daughter was about two-three when it started to show wear. So it did make it a good while. (hers was not backpack though).

Personally speaking, landsend stuff is GREAT quality. I really don't think you can go wrong. As far as size, I can't help, I have the DIA bag.

What might have seemed big for one child, now may be just right for two! KWIM??
HTH!

Momof3Labs
08-28-2005, 09:23 PM
The LE is quite big, IMO, but maybe not too big for two kids, especially if you are hauling bottles around for baby.

Also, the center section (the big one) doesn't have much organization, so things will tend to fall to the bottom. But the big zipper and light blue inside make things so much easier to find!

asmith130
08-30-2005, 02:07 PM
I just went thru this - I have a 16mo and a 2mo and need to carry lots. I used the Vera Bradley quilted backpack for my oldest until #2 came along and it's just not big enough right now.

I received my LE backpack last week. I also ordered the Baby Sherpa short haul. It came yesterday and I'm sending it back. Lots of little places to stick small things but only one main compartment.

I LOVE the LE bag!! It has 3 main compartments...1 for dd1, one for dd2 and one for me! Plus it has one other smaller pocket for cell phone, keys, etc. Things that need to be readily accessible. It is big but big is what I need right now! The shoulder straps are padded which makes it very comfortable - but also makes it look bookbag-ish. But I've just realized that for me, this bag is where I am! Maybe in the Spring I'll get a cute bag again. :)

The changing pad is great - in it's own pocket so it doesn't take up room. Sorry I don't know anything about the EB. I can't say enough good things about the LE though.

Have fun shopping!