PDA

View Full Version : Combi Metro BackPack Diaper Bag?

tamar948
09-10-2005, 02:30 PM
The Combi Metro BackPack Diaper Bag was recommended in the BB book and it seemed like it would work, so we picked one up when we saw it on sale. Is there a reason why it does not get a mentioned here (on the board)? Did we make a mistake?

TIA,
Tamar
(due w/ 1st @ end of this month)

melbb
09-13-2005, 06:50 PM
I have never heard of this bag. I know there was a Combi bag mentioned in the BBB as a "dark horse", but I think that not many people had tried it. Maybe this is still the case. Aside from that, a lot of people here seem to prefer fashionable (and expensive) bags.

tamar948
09-13-2005, 09:48 PM
Ah. I see. Now I don't feel quite as awful/ stupid.

Thanks to spending so much time reading the threads here, I felt compelled to check out Kecci and other brands. I wanted to make sure DH would not be wandering about town without a sufficiently hip bag ;).

While there are many really neat ones out there, I don't think we'll be dropping $100+ for one. The Kecci daddy bags seemed to be cool and functional... But are they durable?

(Of course, I was rather charmed by the look of the Kecci Shanghai bags - for me not DH ;) - despite the mixed reviews here).

melbb
09-14-2005, 01:11 PM
I don't know anything about the durability of the Kecci bags. I will be a FTM in November, so I don't even own a diaper bag, but I have been researching. If you want something that your DH won't mind carrying around, some economical bags that get good reviews are the Lands End Little Tripper (although some people say it is too small, depends on the kind of packer you are) for $20 and the LL Bean Large Travel Touring bag (the dimensions on website are wrong and are for the regular size bag) for $30. As far as the Kecci Shanghai, the biggest complaint seems to be that the fabric gets runs/snags easily. I did notice that Kecci just came out with a new MommyBag called the Venetian. They are large, feminine, laminated (so easy to clean) and are only $30. I saw them at Wild Child (http://stores.wildchildpdx.com/StoreFront.bok).

tamar948
09-15-2005, 05:28 PM
Fessing up...

I wound up purchasing a couple of Kecci bags from Kolamo Baby (they were on sale and I was suddenly possessed!) and just received them today (very speedy).

The Voyage bag is pretty impressive - I think DH digs it.
The Shanghai is much bigger than I expected (probably a good thing), but, I haven't made up my mind how I feel about it.

Thanks for all the suggestions and feedback - I won't be surprised if I probably wind up having to try some other bags... a FSOT board for bags may be one of my haunts some time in the near future. *sigh*

Thanks!
Tamar