PDA

View Full Version : Pics of the LLBEAN touring bag....

cchavez
09-14-2005, 08:28 PM
I cannot seem to find the thread with the pictures. Can somebody help me out? Also, it the fabric more like a skip hop, little tripper or just like the LLBEAN backpacks??? TIA!

ETA: one more question....I am short and cannot use bags messenger style. I use my A7 and Kecci backpack style. I was told the LLB bag can be used shoulder bag style or messenger style. If is is fully packed ( will have 2 in diapers in a few months) will it stick out too much?????? I have a Nicole Miller messenger that I hardly ever used b/c it was too boxy and stuck out too much on my short body. TIA!

Rach3975
09-14-2005, 09:31 PM
I don't know if anyone has posted better pictures more recently, but I took some of the LL Bean Bag in January. At the time there was a diaper bag, too, so people were curious about any differences between the two. Try these threads, there are pics of the exterior in one and a pic of the interior (mostly shows the color) in the other. The second link also gives some info about the compartments in the bag. I want to say that the material is like the Skip Hop, though thinner, but I don't remember for sure.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=63&topic_id=19344&mesg_id=19344&listing_type=search

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=63&topic_id=19346&mesg_id=19346&listing_type=search

Rach3975
09-14-2005, 09:31 PM
I don't know if anyone has posted better pictures more recently, but I took some of the LL Bean Bag in January. At the time there was a diaper bag, too, so people were curious about any differences between the two. Try these threads, there are pics of the exterior in one and a pic of the interior (mostly shows the color) in the other. The second link also gives some info about the compartments in the bag. I want to say that the material is like the Skip Hop, though thinner, but I don't remember for sure.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=63&topic_id=19344&mesg_id=19344&listing_type=search

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=63&topic_id=19346&mesg_id=19346&listing_type=search

jasabo
09-14-2005, 09:39 PM
I have the diaper bag, which is the same as the touring bag, I think. The fabric is like thin Skip Hop fabric. That's the only way I can describe it b/c I haven't seen the other two bags IRL. It's not as stiff as the Skip Hop, but it's the same type of canvas-y fabric.

I always carried it over my shoulder, not messenger style, and I didn't think it stuck out too much. I'm 5'8, but I always had it jam packed full since I pack for two.

It's a really great bag, esp considering the great price1

Lisa - mom to 2 yr old twin boys

jasabo
09-14-2005, 09:39 PM
I have the diaper bag, which is the same as the touring bag, I think. The fabric is like thin Skip Hop fabric. That's the only way I can describe it b/c I haven't seen the other two bags IRL. It's not as stiff as the Skip Hop, but it's the same type of canvas-y fabric.

I always carried it over my shoulder, not messenger style, and I didn't think it stuck out too much. I'm 5'8, but I always had it jam packed full since I pack for two.

It's a really great bag, esp considering the great price1

Lisa - mom to 2 yr old twin boys

csa12
09-14-2005, 11:14 PM
Hi again Rachel -
Thanks for posting pics and links to the other pics of the llBean bag. I had never considered this one, however your pics may have changed my mind. Seems like it has a smidge more room than the Skip Hop duo, which is what I need for two kiddos. Now if only they had more lively colors. Cna't go wrong with the black, though. Cute Bag and very helpful pics!

Thanks again,
Cheryl

csa12
09-14-2005, 11:14 PM
Hi again Rachel -
Thanks for posting pics and links to the other pics of the llBean bag. I had never considered this one, however your pics may have changed my mind. Seems like it has a smidge more room than the Skip Hop duo, which is what I need for two kiddos. Now if only they had more lively colors. Cna't go wrong with the black, though. Cute Bag and very helpful pics!

Thanks again,
Cheryl

heatherlynn
09-15-2005, 08:37 AM
Christine,

I will also have 2 in diapers, and I think the LLB will be perfect. I've used it for longer trips for one so far. I love the organization. I can find what I need immediately, which is important to me. It's definately not the prettiest bag and it may be a little boxy for your liking, but it's a great bag at a great price, IMO.

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04
and #3 edd 11/05 (it's a girl!)

Rach3975
09-17-2005, 09:04 PM
I'm glad it helped! And yes, I do think the LL Bean has a little more room than the Duo. I'm planning to start with the Duo, which I already own, when my 2nd is born, but if it isn't big enough, I'll have my excuse to buy the LL Bean, too!