PDA

View Full Version : If you could *modify* your existing bag to make your perfect diaper bag, what would it be?

mommato2boys
09-15-2005, 02:30 PM
If I could design my *perfect* diaper bag, it would probably be my diaper dude bag, but only bigger (a little wider so it could hold more). I love the fit of the bag but it needs to be wider to hold more or is that deeper??? I love the sportiness of the bag, I don't have to worry that it will get dirty or messed up. I love the pattern, my much-loved camo!!! And I love the zippered closures, I never have to worry about losing anything. BUT, as it is right now, my diaper dude is to small to use for everyday. i am thinking it will be more of a toddler bag for me. I emailed diaper dude to let them know that I loved their bag, but wished it was bigger and asked if there were any plans in the future for a bigger bag, I never got a response....oh well.

What would your perfect bag be? Modify an exsisting bag or create a whole new one???

audball
09-15-2005, 03:59 PM
This is so funny because I have thought about this a lot! I would love:
1. A bag the size of my Alpha 7
2. With the magnetic closures and a removal shoulder strap version of my Loom Marsupial
3. With the backpack straps of my Chester backpack
4. With the interior organization of a Posh Baby Ultimate Bag, but in a lighter color
5. With the fabric choices of the newer Fleurville line, the Posh Baby Ultimate Diaper Bag line, and ballistic nylon/patterns of Timbuk2 graphic messenger bags....

But I would also live with a Skip Hop version of a Dash with backpack straps! C'mon Skip Hop, make me a happy woman!

Now why is that so hard ;)?!

ellies mom
09-16-2005, 12:45 AM
Good question. I'm thinking about making diaper bags to sell, so I've thought a lot about this one.

So, on the SkipHop Duo, I'd make it so the main compartment zipped shut. That is my biggest peeve on that bag. I'd also make it so that I could attach the messagenger strap and still keep it in "stroller mode." That would be ideal for going through the airport.

The Dash, which I don't have but almost got (and still might)... The biggie for me would be having the bottle holder on the side be like the side bottle holder on the Duo. I like that the Duo's holder expands so much. DD never took a bottle but it holds sippee cups of all shapes and sizes, and also holds a cup of coffee right at my finger tips. It just seems so much more versatile than the smaller bottle holder.
Also, the same problem with the strap.

The Fleurville Sling Tote, OK I don't have this yet, it being delivered next week, but I wish the insulated bottle holder was removable. Same as before, it is wasted on us, and takes up room that could be put to better use.

General diaper bag complaint- I wish the place for diapers could be closed up. I hate having the diapers always falling out of the "official diaper pockets". I know I can buy something to hold diapers but a little flap over a diaper sized pocket would be great. That really isn't a biggie though.

ckleist
09-16-2005, 03:32 PM
My favorite right now is a LeSportSac Deluxe messenger, great organization, very stuffable, lightweight, holds a ton, and is washable. My only wish is that it had bottle holders on the sides of the bag rather than the zip pockets. I've got a valco double, and the shoulder strap is long enough that I can hang it over the handle bar and have the bag rest against the back of the stroller. I also wish that they offered better pattern choices in the messenger. But for not having been designed as a diaper bag, it works great. I love having all the diaper changing supplies not in the main compartment of the bag.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/c_kleist/album?.dir=44d6&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/c_kleist/my_photos

mommato2boys
09-16-2005, 03:47 PM
Okay, now I have to modify my ANSWER!!! I love my new mustard sprout diaper bag!!!! It is great!!! The only thing I would change is I would maybe make the backpack strap regular straps and add a shoulder strap, but MAYBE.....OR make a bucket snap like on my diaper dude that I could put it on without having to put it over my head, just snap it on, KWIM? I really can't find any other complaint!!!! oh, maybe zipper pulls to make it slightly easier but that is really getting picky!!!!!

Mikesa3
09-16-2005, 09:59 PM
Looks like a great bag. I like that the flap isn't over the whole top,insead it has the zipper.I wish more messengers were like that.
Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids

MommytoLayla
09-17-2005, 10:03 PM
I love that bag!!! Where did you get it? I would love to get one like it but don't know where to look??? Hey if you ever want to sell it keep me in mind :)

Shannon
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040421/3/0/1/-5/.png[/url]

DeborahM
09-17-2005, 11:29 PM
I think my perfect diaper bag - for 2 kids - would be a combination of the Timi & Leslie Baby Lulu bag, the Fl. Sling Tote, and the Chester diaper bags.

I'd start w/ the T&L bag, but add a messenger strap more like the ST, with a "mommy" pocket & organization of the ST under the inside flap, with bottle pockets of the Chester bags (i.e. pockets that will fit actual sippy cups!). I really like the vinyl & ballistic nylon bags b/c they are easy for me to wipe off and keep clean.

Oh - and as long as we are imagining, I'd like it to cost me $50!

Deborah
Mom to Thomas (6/02) and Rachel (7/04)

ckleist
09-18-2005, 07:04 AM
I found the bag on ebay...it is a discontinued print. NWT and it was only $36 (there normally run $80). You could check out www.lesportsac.com to see their current prints, there is a checked one that is kind of cute. I don't think I'll be selling mine any time soon!

MommytoLayla
09-18-2005, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the info. I didn't think you would be selling anytime soon!!! Too cute to sell and wow what a great deal. I checked ebay and they didn't have any that I could see. I have to keep an eye out though :)

Shannon
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040421/3/0/1/-5/.png[/url]