PDA

View Full Version : Shopping Cart Cover Help: Kangaroodle owners

julieakc
09-16-2005, 12:24 AM
I know everyone here loves Cathy's sewcute covers, but she has suspended orders until 10/1 plus I think I'd prefer something a little less bulky.

I am looking at the kangaroodle and would love to hear from people who have one. I like that it comes with its own drawstring sack to stuff it in and it looks less bulky than the sewcute.

My son is 19 months so he doesn't need a lot of padding, but one of my concerns is to make sure the cover I get has big enough leg openings (I saw some posts that mentioned this as a problem with some).

I don't want to spend more than about $45, so the snazzybaby is out (plus the fabrics are too girly for my little guy) as is the buggybagg.

Thanks.

julieakc
10-08-2005, 01:29 AM
First I have to vent....I was just about done with my review when all of sudden my internet window closed and I lost everything! Ugh, so anyway, here I go again...

Apparently no one else out there has one of these shopping cart covers, but I do now, so here is my review:

First here's the one I bought:
http://shop.kangaroodle.com/displayProductDocument.hg?productId=49&categoryId=6

For me it has the perfect amount of padding….not too much, not too little. As you can see from my pp DS was 19 months when I bought it so lots of padding and/or a pillow weren’t a necessity for me. DS actually put has put his head down to rest on the sides in this cover, something he never did before I bought it (previously I used a Nojo, which as you know doesn’t have any side coverage).

The fabric is a light to mid-weight twill. I really like my print and it is well made. I’ve already washed it and it did great. It comes with a matching drawstring bag for storage. I fold it up into itself a little and then stuff it in the bag. I am guessing on the measurements, but I’d say it’s about 8 inches wide by 13 inches tall and 5 inches wide when stuffed in the bag.

I’ve used it on carts at TRU, Target, Trader Joe’s, and BB&B. It provides great coverage on all of them, although with Target it’s about 99% coverage (a little bit of the handle shows, but on your side, not DC’s, and it’s still more than adequate coverage/protection).

There are two pockets, one on each side of DC when sitting in seat. The pockets are great for bottles, sippy cups, snacks, toys, or your keys (although DS always takes my keys out to play with them). The two loops are situated in the center of the front and are perfect for hanging toys or bottles/cups.

There is an attached strap to secure DC. Supposedly it can loop through the cart, but I found that the buttonhole where it comes through is too tight for this to be a practical option. I just fasten DC in without attaching the cover to the cart.

It also works great on restaurant high chairs…not too bulky.

Shipping was very fast (they are already made and in-stock) and the lady at Kangaroodle.com was quick in responding to my emails. By the way, they sell other cute stuff too.

I think this cover is a great option for people looking for any or all of the following features:
- Affordable (it cost $39.99) cover,
- need one in a hurry
- prefer a cover that’s less bulky then some of the others out there.

I am very happy with mine and so is DS.

ETA: Updated Link: http://www.kangaroodles.com/cart/product.php?productid=16133&cat=3&page=1

mama2kate
03-01-2006, 06:38 PM
I have one of the Kangaroodle shopping cart covers and I love it. I get asked about it all the time and have bought a few of them as gifts for friends. They all rave about them because the patterns are really stylish and they are really durable. It's not too bulky but it has enough stuffing so its still a good cushion. I've never had any problems with the leg openings on mine. Here is their website and they are still having free shipping on the cart covers.
www.kangaroodle.com
Renee

dhano923
03-02-2006, 04:52 AM
How about a Kozypal cart cover? She's got some great fabrics and also does custom orders. they are about $40-45 depending on fabric and what options you add (sippy cover, diaper holder, etc).

http://kozypalcartcovers.wahmweb.biz/store/Default.asp

Edit: Oops, I just realized you were asking about a specific brand. I missed that somehow, sorry!

mama2kate
08-20-2006, 07:48 PM
I saw the first question about Kangaroodle shopping cart covers. I have one of theirs and I absolutely love it! My daughter loves it too and will even fall asleep while I'm shopping (how lucky am I!). They have free shipping on their website and like the other mom said, they sell so many other cute things too.

www.kangaroodle.com

Another item from Kangaroodle that I love is the Lil' Topper sipper cap. You put it on a regular water bottle (like Aquafina or Dasani, etc.) and your child can easily drink from it without spilling or leaking. It's so great--I carry them everywhere and get asked about them all the time by other moms. I even use one myself when I work out!

newmommie77
08-22-2006, 10:40 PM
I have one and LOVE it, but I do not like that it is so bulky to close up. I guess I just wish it would fold down easier. The pattern is great, and the material is awesome though, and the padding is nice, but it is just a pain to close up.

mama2kate
08-22-2006, 11:12 PM
Hi there!
What do you mean by "close up"? Do you mean putting it back in the bag? I never really use the bag, I just throw the cover in the back of the car when I'm not using it. I actually figured out a way to wrap it up (kind of in a ball) and then use the seat belt to hold it all together...works great! Yeah, the material is great--I've seen others that have really thin material, which wouldn't stand up to much use.