PDA

View Full Version : Mustard Sprout BackPack Diaper Bag Review

mommato2boys
09-16-2005, 11:45 AM
If you are considering this bag, stop what you are doing, and go and order one!!!! This is a great bag!!!!! Could I have found my "perfect bag"????!!!!!!
First off, I got the joshua tree camo one. The print is very nice with shocking almost red-orange trim. The photos on the web site doesn't really do the color justice. The materail itself is very soft yet seems durable. The outside of the bag has two bottle/cup holders, they are mesh though. I don't mind the mesh, but for people who want insulated, they may be disappointed. The pockets are deep, probably enough to hold a water bottle just fine. It also has a toy loop and has a way to put headphones in the bag and slip the cord through a slot to listen to music, handy even if you don't use this bag for a diaper bag, maybe work bag?
The bag is divided into three pockets/zippered pouches. I love that they all zip close so I don't lose anything out of it. the first pocket is the smallest and holds small personal items/mom stuff. It also has a smaller mesh pocket within this pocket, several pen slots and a larger slip pocket maybe for a cell phone. In this area, I have: a pen, two shot cards for the boys, money, a small notepad, and a foaming hand cleaner. The inside liner is the same brilliant orange-y-red color in a smooth almost satiny lining. Very nice and very easy to see stuff in the bag (I am not sure about the other colors but the camo is that way).
The second zippered area is large. It has a large slip pocket that runs down the whole inside of the bag (I have DS's change of clothes in there) I have probably three outfits, two onsies, a pair of socks and a silke, and a spare sippy cup. The main space in this pocket I have toys for DS, two board books, two or three cars, a plastic horse and two bib holders. This space also has two smaller slot pockets on the side. I have nothing in one and sunscreen in the other. At the top of the bag, there is another zippered pocket, this pocket runs the full length of the bag and has another zippered opening for this space on the outside/bottom of the bag. It is more accessible to enter this space from the front of the bag. I have a midget of formula, disposable bibs, a spoon, and a spare package of rice cereal.
The last of the zippered areas, which is the towards the back of the bag, has another large slip pocket that expanse the full length of the bag. I have eight size three dipes and the diaper changing pad (the changing pad came with the bag and is the same camo and orange combination and folds small similar to the diaper dude changing pad). In the large area in this zippered area, I have diaper wipe container, disposable trash bags, and several trial tubes of diaper cream, and powder. This space also has a smaller zippered pocket, I have several lollipops, binkies, and a tube of neosporin.
The back of the bag is padded to be comfy when you carry it. The shoulder strap is angled to one side, made to worn as a messenger/backpack style. One the strap there is a zippered cell phone pocket. It has a nice top holding strap that is comfy and feet on the bottom to protect it some and hold it upright when packed, the bag doesn't tip over. It has a key holder too in the middle zippered pocket I forgot to mention.
I am a heavy packet and packed this bag full, I still have some room left. I could also see this bag only slightly full and still be very nice bag. The shoulder strap is a little strange to get used to but it is very comfy and adjustable when used in a messenger sytle and i can still sling it over one should for quick in and out of the car. I hung this bag from my Mac Quest stroller. I simply slipped it over the handles, it hands kinda sideways/updown but stable and still very easy to get in and out of my bag.
All the zippers open all the way up and down the bag which makes the bag very easy to get in and see what you need.
Pros- Easy to use, holds a lot, good organization, beautiful fabric, comfy, seems very well made.
Cons- The shoulder strap is odd, but comfy with lots of padding, might take just a bit to get used to it for some. Here is the only other con (if I have to have one), the zippers could use hold zipper straps on them to make them super easy to find and open, but this is really just a silly picky con but that is all I could come up with!!!!!
I ordered this from Browns 5th store online with a code, I got it within three days, super fast!!!!
I love my new mustard sprout bag!!!!!! If anyone is interested in the camo color, I could try and take some pics of it, just let me know!
Hope this helps someone!!!

Forgot to add this bag also came with a snack/lunch bag that was quite large, in the same camo/orange print. I didn't really need it so I left it out. But you could put all your diaper supplies in it, or a change of clothes, or snacks. It is a nice extra for some, I just didn't need it right now.

saschalicks
09-16-2005, 02:05 PM
We use the little one for DS's day care bag and we love it. I second that it as a great bag. DS has the same pattern and I too love the orange contrast. I think this will be DS "backpack" when he goes to pre-school who knows.

Maybe, I'll get the big one for me someday, but there are so many on my list and so little time you know :)

mommato2boys
09-16-2005, 02:13 PM
After getting one for myself, I think DS would LOVE this bag too, he even asked if the bag was for him! I might be placing another order!
The camo color is a very nice color with the orange, the orange is such a rich color, I was very surprise, I don't think the website shows it well.

calv
09-18-2005, 12:50 PM
where was this ordered from?

bubbaray
09-18-2005, 02:51 PM
pretty please?!

TIA
Melissa

Maya Papaya!
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040411/3/4/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]

mommato2boys
09-19-2005, 12:30 PM
Browns on 5th, and there is a code floating around here for I think 20% off!

mommato2boys
09-19-2005, 05:00 PM
I have having trouble resizing the photos to fit.....is there another way to do it???? I took about 5-6 shots of the bag, I have them all ready to go, just can't get them small enough, at least I think that is the problem!

gar1239
09-20-2005, 09:22 PM
I too am in need of a bigger and better diaper bag. I checked out the website for baby browns and I love the big yellow bag. Before I buy it though, how well does it fit on your stroller? How do you hang it from the back or do you just wear it?

Mom 3/20/2004

#2 due 11/15/2005

mommato2boys
09-21-2005, 10:47 AM
I hang my bag from my stroller, I have a Mac Quest. It hangs nicely, kinda at an angle but it works. It is super easy to wear though too.

renefjr
09-23-2005, 12:39 PM
Thanks for drawing my attention to this bag! Being a dad, this looks cool enough for me to lug around! Hope it works well with the Cameleon. Was originally gonna pick up the Skip Hop Dash. Just missed the 20% at Browns! Anyone know when another sale/coupon will come around?

feierabend35
09-30-2005, 09:14 PM
Thank you for reviewing this bag. This is EXACTLY what my husband has been looking for in "his" bag. Now, I'll join the club waiting for a sale. :)
Jenn

lerlerler
10-03-2005, 04:39 AM
sounds great... if you can't get the pix loaded, can you at least comment on how BIG it feels. I read the dimensions on line but it LOOKS huge in the one picture where it's on someone.

Also, can you access it while wearing it? I know some sling bags can be "swivelled" to access stuff but the pockets need to open at an odd angle to do this.

mommato2boys
10-03-2005, 09:50 AM
The bag does not feel big to me, and I am 5'2" person!!!! The bag fits nicely on my back. I do not think that the bag can swivel to access it while you are wearing it, mainly because of the way the bag strap is. My only complaint would be the strap, I wish they would have made it just a plain backpack strap, it would be easier. It is still all in all and nice bag and wonderful quality!