PDA

View Full Version : Diaper backpack help sought; sherpa v. sherpa short haul v. eagle creek or OTHER??

jfly14
09-18-2005, 01:12 PM
anyone have any on the above? recommendations? positives?
negatives?

i am traveling with 11 mos old on an airplane alone. need best pack. I need to have my hands free and pack the typical stuff, change clothes 5 diapers, wipes, butt paste, 2 bottles, sippy cup, toys, books, dvd player...

thanks

kboyle
09-19-2005, 01:32 PM
Hi-

I actually have the Baby Sherpa (not the short haul, the bigger one) and I love it, I just don't use it that often. I've only traveled once with it and it was pretty handy. The straps are pretty comfy, and there are a bunch of exterior pockets and the cooler on the bottom of the bag is GREAT. It'a a little too big for everyday use, but for travel its worth it.

I am willing to get rid of mine, only used for 1 trip, never used the changing pad. If you are interested email me @: [email protected]

Ami
09-22-2005, 04:55 AM
Hi,

I have both Baby Sherpa and the Short Haul. If it is a long flight I would recommend the Baby Sherpa. I have packed it for planes and included my video camera in the camera pouch, my wallet,cell phone, clothes, diapers, milk, food snacks (for me and baby), books (tuck in next to the changing pad). The bungee cord is great for jackets and blankets and the bag even full is comfy to wear. The Short Haul is good for day trips and if you are not taking extra gear like a video camera and if you are a lighter packer but I prefer the Baby Sherpa when flying, you never know when you are going to be late or sitting on a tarmac for hours.

Safe travels,

Ami

heatherlynn
09-22-2005, 06:27 AM
I just sold my Baby Sherpa, only because I don't travel much and am not doing too many day trips these days! I'm looking for a reasonably priced SH because I love the cooler in these bags and just want something smaller for everyday. I loved the Baby Sherpa - good organization and super comfy to wear, even when packed to the gills!

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04
and #3 edd 11/05 (it's a girl!)

tigeratty
09-22-2005, 10:45 AM
See my post above on the lands end backpack. Great for travel.

asmith130
09-22-2005, 11:44 AM
I have the LE backpack and LOVE it! I ordered the SH at the same time and returned it because I was looking for an everyday bag (for 2 in diapers). The SH was really cool - my DH preferred that one, but I didn't need the cooler for everyday. I think the SH is plenty big enough for your DS/DD and your stuff for a day. I got it from ebags with free shipping.

I can't help but mention this - I hope you don't mind! IMHO, I think you should take more diapers just in case you're delayed, etc.