PDA

View Full Version : Diaper bag gurus- help me!

my3fallkiddos
09-19-2005, 01:49 PM
Since having DS I realize what I thought I would be packing is different from what I actually AM packing. I thought we'd be going everywhere and bringing everything but he kitchen sink with us. But, that is not the case! And having to balance two kids I don't want a huge diaper bag after all.

So, I went through my diaper bag (a Kate Spade that I love but is the bottomless pit and is black on black so it literally is a black hole to find anything!) and here is what I'll be packing for everyday outings:

(1) sippy cup
(1) Dr. Brown's bottle
(1) bottle of formula
(1) ziploc bag of nursing pads
(1) diapee wipees with size 4 diapers
(1) diapee wipees with size newborn diapers
(1) diapee wipees with throw away diaper disposible diaper bags
(1) extra case of travel wipes
my planner and calendar
my cell phone
(1) change of clothes for DS #2 (if going to Grandmas or pediatrician)
(1) small bag of snacks for DS #1
Epipen for DS #1 (egg allergy)
(1) small cosmetic bag containing Purell and hand lotion

So given all of that, and that's really if we're going to Grandma's, the pediatrician or going to be out longer than normal (a couple of horus). If we're just going to Babies R Us then I wouldn't bring the bottle or formula, change of clothes and my calendar.

I've already tried the OiOi messenger bag and liked it but the strap was annoying. The Lands End DIA was HUGE so I sent it back. My packing neesd have outgrown my Kate Spade bag. I do have a SK Dash that I love but haven't used. It's not quite as stylish as I would like and I'm keeping it more as my "rugged" stroller bag.

So what would you recommend?? DH doesn't care as long as I finally choose something! ;) I love love love the Fleurville Sling Tote and the Alpha 7 but I'm doubting those are big enough... :(

Thanks!

audball
09-20-2005, 09:22 AM
Hmm..how many dipes in each of your diapee wipees? The number of diapers in them can make a big difference with what you could fit in there. Same with the type of extra clothing you bring, size of calendar/planner and wallet. Do you have a preference for totes, messengers, or backpacks? Maybe check out:
1. Timi & Leslie Large Bebe
2. Bumble Bags Jessica style
3. Chester Messenger Bag

The Sling tote may work for you, depending on how accessible you want everything (I heard you can really cram a lot into it, but the shape of the bag will change). I was going to say, the A7 may too, but with the extra diapees and wipees (I use one with 3 dipes in it for my 2 kids), it may be a tight fit.

It's funny because the Dash would fit everything really well (shh...you don't have to tell your DH ;)). What annoyed you about the OiOi strap? Is it because it's not adjustable? Because now all their new messengers are adjustable!