PDA

View Full Version : Moms of two in diapers...what bag are you using????

cchavez
09-19-2005, 02:29 PM
tia!!!

asmith130
09-19-2005, 03:32 PM
Lands End diaper backpack and I've just ordered a Fleurville ST that I plan to use when I want to look a bit cuter. I'm not sure the ST will carry enough but we'll see!

I can't wait to see more answers!

tmrbwilson1998
09-19-2005, 03:50 PM
I have gone thru the A7, ST, and large Bebe and keep coming back to the comfort of the LE diaper backpack...so very comfy and incredibly roomy!

ckleist
09-19-2005, 03:51 PM
The ST wasn't big enough for me, but I need to carry extra clothes for the youngest since he has tummy issues. I used to be a backpack girl, but I've switched over to messenger style bags, it is so much easier to access stuff.

I love my LeSportSac Deluxe Messenger, fits everything I need to carry, very stuffable, very comfortable, very lightweight, great organization and very easy to find stuff (mine has a white interior, and would not recommend one that doesn't have the white). I found a discontinued print on ebag for a steal ($36, normally they are $80). I would definitely get another one if they had a current print that I liked better. My only complaint is that I wish it had side bottle pockets rather than side zip pockets. I emailed LeSportSac with that suggestion, and they said they would forward it to their product development group. Maybe if they get enough emails, they'll do it!

Here's a link to some pics.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/c_kleist/album?.dir=44d6&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

audball
09-19-2005, 04:34 PM
I think I must either be an efficient packer or not pack enough, since I can usually get by using my A7 or my Chester backpack. I think it's because I keep extra clothes and dipes in the car...I only carry 2-3 dipes (for both kids since one is semi-potty-trained) with me at one time. Typical load:

-2-3 dipes, wipes case, thin changing pad (we usually change in the car), hand sanitizer in a diapees and wipees pouch

-allergy meds for DS (bottle of Benedryl, spoon/dropper, 2 epi pens, bandaids, and bribe/treat)

-2 Snack Traps

-2 empty sippys (have bottled water in car)

-2-3 snack containers (depending on how long we are out for)

-my small wallet, keys, cell phone, tissues, pen

-small (4x6) zip bag of tiny toys

And I'll sometimes throw in a bottle if DS is cranky on our way out :)!

A bag that I have had no problem fitting things into is the Skip Hop Dash. It gives me a little extra room for lunch items for DS. I used to use messengers (small like OCC and larger like Posh Baby), but my back and shoulders have really been bothering me lately, so I have gone the route of backpacks again. My Timi & Leslie backpack is very comfortable and large. The only problem is that I feel like I bump into things all the time!

carolines mommy
09-19-2005, 06:47 PM
I must be a light packer because I have used the Chester backpack, A7 and ST for my 2 girls. I have been using the ST for well over a month now and I love it! Works out very well holding everything I need for a day out and about.

Erika
Mommy to Caroline Nov 03 and Chelsea April 05

MichelleRC
09-19-2005, 06:57 PM
I rotate between the Bumble Jessica bag, Haiku, Timi & Leslie large bebe and a denim SH Duo. Whew.

asmith130
09-20-2005, 06:50 AM
That's good news for my recent purchase! What fabric ST do you have?
TIA!
Amy

khakismom
09-20-2005, 09:07 AM
I've been using my 2RH Whole Roost! Love this bag, it fits everything in there.

lmariana
09-20-2005, 11:14 AM
Maureen, I love the Whole Roost too! I use mine as a knitting bag. Love it!!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com/news.html
www.heinzandmariana.com/deals.html

http://b3.lilypie.com/PVjPm4/.png

http://lilypie.com/days/051017/1/21/0/-5/.png

Join the BBB Preggo Pals
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/preggopals

cchavez
09-20-2005, 12:28 PM
but not so sure about it b/c of the lack of organization.....it doesn't have many pockets does it? I don't mind using my smaller 2redhens bag as a toddler tote even though it doesn't have many pockets.....right now I am torn b/w:

The DASH (is is too small??)
Whole Roost (not enough organization???)
LLBEAN bag (not cute enough)

I do have an older LE diaperbag backpack that I can use for for size and functionality....just want something new and cuter.....I just don't think any of my current bags will cut it for two.....

saschalicks
09-20-2005, 12:30 PM
I love mine too for an overnight bag for DS to stay with either grandparents. :)

saschalicks
09-20-2005, 12:38 PM
Christine,
It is for that reason that I will probably not use the 2RH for when #2 comes. However, I will say this: I use many cosmetic bags to organize my various bags. The Chester ones that I got with the backpack are my favorite. If you decide to get a 2RH I know Babystyle sells a couple of see through bags for organizing diaper bags that I'm thinking of getting regardless of what bag b/c with two it's all about organization. Plus I will be using my Diapees & Wipees as well. :) HTH

jerseygirl07067
09-20-2005, 02:00 PM
I'm using the Chester Backpack. The organization isn't that great for the baby stuff, though I like that I keep all of my mom stuff in the front pocket. And since the bottle pockets are inside the bag, it doesn't scream diaper bag (I have the black with the blue stripe in the center)

Hands free is a great thing right now!

Marcy

jerseygirl07067
09-20-2005, 02:00 PM
I'm using the Chester Backpack. The organization isn't that great for the baby stuff, though I like that I keep all of my mom stuff in the front pocket. And since the bottle pockets are inside the bag, it doesn't scream diaper bag (I have the black with the blue stripe in the center)

Hands free is a great thing right now!

Marcy

carolines mommy
09-20-2005, 03:05 PM
The "boring" black ballistic. I love it though...goes with everything!!! Cleans up super easy!

Erika
Mommy to Caroline Nov 03 and Chelsea April 05

o_mom
09-20-2005, 05:19 PM
LE Diaper Backpack (new style)

Great for organization, holds enough stuff (diapers, wipes, clothes, snacks, small toys, assorted small toiletries, wallet, keys, cell phone, etc.) so I don't need a purse or other bag. Not too big and has a great changing pad.

Only downside is that I feel like a college student with it, but I absolutely need hands free and no slipping off the shoulder. Oh, yes, and I let DH pick the color on the theory that then he would use it and we got the light grey, which IMO clashes with the light blue interior.

Our smaller bag - for one child or a very short trip with two is the small Eddie Bauer from BRU.

lmariana
09-20-2005, 05:36 PM
Christine,

I think I'm just going to "wing it" for a while, until I find out what our needs actually are. In the meantime, I have a few I can try out...

Haiku - I think this will work wonderfully for 2 kids
Mothership - love it, but I hate the ext bottle pockets and lack of adjustable strap
PPB - love it, but feel like I need to be so careful with it
Loom Marsupial - I think it may be a little on the small side (esp for winter), but I adore their bottle pockets!
Bumble Bags Madeline Backpack - not here yet
Skip Hops - Dash, Expo, and Duo...not sure if these will each carry enough for two, but they will be great for attaching two to a SBS stroller
Offhand Designs "Zelda" - also on order, have no idea what to expect

Other bags I'm, considering and would like to try...
Sherpani Diaper Bag
Timbuk2 Medium Cargo Tote (unless the rumored diaper bag shows up first)
MishMish
Le Sport Sac Diaper Bag or Deluxe Messenger

There are a lot of factors that will change the size of bag we'll need: formula/breastmilk, winter weather, cloth/disposable diapers, etc.

Hope you find something that works for you!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com/news.html
www.heinzandmariana.com/deals.html

http://b3.lilypie.com/PVjPm4/.png

http://lilypie.com/days/051017/1/21/0/-5/.png

Join the BBB Preggo Pals
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/preggopals

cchavez
09-21-2005, 11:17 AM
Mariana, I am in the same boat.....if bfing is successful this time around I won't need as big a bag. I think I will try using my old LE backpack initially and then find something more fun when everything calms down.....