PDA

View Full Version : LeSportSac Deluxe Messenger or Deluxe Everyday?

kboyle
09-20-2005, 11:05 PM
I'm looking for a new bag and I think one of these is the answer. Which one for 2 boys + myself? I'm not a heavy packer, but I do end up with a lot of junk in my bags. I like the messenger style more, but is this bag really big? Is it bigger than a SH Dash (ideal size or a LITTLE bit bigger)? Does the deluxe everyday have enough pockets? I'm not in need of a bottle holder, so that's not an issue.

Any info would be helpful, pics too!

Thanks,

ckleist
09-21-2005, 07:41 AM
I actually have both bags, haven't used the Everyday bag yet. I don't have the SH Dash, but I don't think it is significantly bigger based on measurements. I don't think it feels huge when I wear it (I'm about 5'7").

I was thinking about getting the dash, but I'm afraid that when I fill the pockets up with the diaper changing supplies, it won't leave much room in the middle of the bag for change of clothes, toys, etc. That was the problem I had with the Fluerville ST (and the bottle holder took up way too much room). What I like about the the messenger is that the diaper changing supplies don't really infringe too much on the space in the main compartment, so when I need the space for spare clothes and other stuff, I have it. The depth of the bag is dependant upon how much you pack. The shoulder strap is also long enough to fit easily over my valco double stroller

I think the everyday bag has enough pockets. I like having a main compartment for the kids, and a separate one for my stuff. This one has a main compartment, a second "main" compartment that is expandable, an exterior zip pocket on the back that runs the length of the bag, and 2 front zip compartments, one is big enough to fit a cell phone, the other is slightly bigger and fits my wallet (not a checkbook style)

Here is a link to pics of the messenger (it is a discontinued print)
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/c_kleist/album?.dir=44d6&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

If I have a chance today, I'll take side by side pics of the messenger, everyday, and LE LT for comparison purposes.

Another LeSportSac bag that is really cute is the Stella, I haven't used it either, but would make a good toddler bag. I found several NWT discontinued prints on ebay that I bought about a month ago. The local Lord and Taylor carries a lot their bags, and I was able to check out the different styles in person before buying them.

kboyle
09-21-2005, 08:58 AM
Thanks for the info! Side by side pics would be great, I'll also check out the Stella today on ebay. They have a few everyday bags, buy only 2 BIN for $75 on the deluxe messenger. I'm going to try and see if our Nordstroms sells these so I know what they look like IRL. But if you could, more pics would be great!

Thanks

saschalicks
09-21-2005, 11:46 AM
These look interesting. I will have 2 in diaper soon too! Can you inform someone who's never even noticed these? Are these diaper bags or other bags? What's the difference between Deluxe Messenger and Deluxe Everyday? Thanks.

ckleist
09-21-2005, 01:43 PM
These aren't diaperbags, but I think they work great as diaperbags because they are washable, stuffable, lightweight. Because LeSportSac bags are made out of "parachute" material, they can be quite floppy depending on the style of bag. I'm not a big fan of their totes. But the everyday bag has a fair amount of structure so it isn't really floppy, while the messenger is a little bit floppier. I think the messenger would also make a great travel bag because it can fold up easily and not take up much room for packing, but has great organization and holds a lot for sightseeing.

I never paid any attention to LeSportSac because it just reminded of the bad fashions of the '80's for some reason, but the right bag in the right print can be really cute, KWIM?

I added more photos for comparison. All the prints have been discontinued, but you might be able to find them on ebay. The Stella is in the Tin Lizzy pattern, I've got 2 boys, 2.5 yo and 11 month old, and thought the pattern was really cute with the old fashion cars for boys. The Everday Bag is in Desert Leopard, and I think the Messenger is in Blueberry Vineyard. I would highly recommend getting a pattern with a white or light colored interior so there is no black hole effect, especially in the messenger.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/c_kleist/album?.dir=/44d6&.src=ph

HTH!

kboyle
09-21-2005, 02:13 PM
Thanks, that definately helped, I saw an Everyday bag IRL today, but they didn't have the messenger, it doesn't seem that much bigger than the everyday, which is a pretty good size anyway. I'm going to search for some of the messengers, hopefully I find a good deal like yours on ebay, all they have right now is $75. If I don;t find one soon, then I'll give the everyday a chance, they are about 20-30 on ebay.

Thanks again!!

ckleist
09-21-2005, 02:25 PM
Glad I could help. If I remember right from last year, LeSportSac had a 20% off sale in October. I'm waiting to see if they have a sale and see if I can get the messenger in another pattern. Lord and Taylor and Marshall Fields both carry their bags, but I've only seen the messenger in black, and it is a definite black hole.

kboyle
09-21-2005, 02:44 PM
The only place around here are the Travel bag stores that carry them and they are only in blk or taupe. Nordstroms used to carry but they stopped selling at mine last year. It's either full price or gettin' lucky on ebay!

Thanks again!

If you here of a sale coming up for them please let me know!

saschalicks
09-22-2005, 02:04 PM
Thanks for this info. I think I may have to add the messenger to my list of bags to get for 2 under 2. :)

ETA quick question: how does this compare in size to their diaper bag? Have you seen those?

callalillyanne
09-24-2005, 08:06 AM
I just saw this thread and had to comment that I used to stay away from Lesportsac bags also because I immediately thought of the 80s when I they were mentioned. BUT, somehow I started to check them out again and I am becoming totally obssessed! There are some really cute prints- I could see collecting a lot of these! :)

Thanks for the great comparison pics! I was going to get the messenger, but I think I may get the everday due to the fact that I only have one in dipes and the bags seem to be pretty stuffable ;)