PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have the SH Duo BRU knock off?

my3fallkiddos
09-21-2005, 01:51 PM
I'm thinking of getting a Duo as my quick trip bag but since having DS, some "don't spend money" hormone has hit me and I'm suddenly hesitant to not buy the real thing!

At BRU I saw the knock off version and was wondering if anyone had one? I liked the red cord however if I buy the real SH I'll probably get the navy blue cord.

How is it holding up? Do you find it similar to the real SH? If its falling apart or lacking in quality, I'd rather buy the real Duo... or maybe a Fleurville Alpha 7.

Thanks!

kboyle
09-21-2005, 02:35 PM
I don't have the BRU one, but Amy Coe (Target) makes one also. It's holding up pretty well and I do have 2 in diapers. It's a pretty tight fit. As far as knock-offs go, I did check out BRU and I do like that one better than the Target one. The stroller attachment on the BRU is like the SH where they use that clasp thingy, the Target one uses snaps, it holds, but i'd feel better with the clasp. The material on the Target brand one is like a nylon/parachute material. As thin as it is, it isn't falling apart and I've got it stuffed! I would get the BRU over the SH b/c it doesn't seem to have much room in the main compartment once you have stuff in the exterior pockets, that goes for the orig and the knock-offs. I have a friend who has the orig and when I put all my stuff in her bag it still seemed quite snug. All in all I do like my cheapie fake.

Hope that helps & congrats on your new DS! I've got one a mo older!

sophiesmom
09-21-2005, 03:42 PM
I have it in the brown cord from BRU. I haven't used it yet, but in general it seems a decent quality. I've seen the Target one and like this one better. The changing pad is pretty small though, I may use the huggies disposable ones with it, I don't use them too much anyway. I like to keep the changing pad on the outside of the bag and there is a medium size pocket for that.

I have 1 in diapers and one 4 year old, so i think it will be a nice everyday bag. Right now I'm using a cheap diaperbag backpack and it's great organization but too big for every day.

Now once number 3 comes in Feb, it's back to the drawing boards! But for $20 it's not a bad deal!

I'll post back once I pack it!

bbagel
09-27-2005, 02:37 AM
What is the brand called for the one at BRU? I went to BUR last weekend but did not see anything that resembled a SH DUO knock off! Also, do they sell that one online?

sophiesmom
09-27-2005, 06:33 AM
It's by Koala baby. My BRU had chocolate brown cord, khaki cord, and black nylon.
I'm going to pack it up at the end of the week. I think it will be fine for daily use for 1 in diapers. I'll use my backpack for daytrips/vacations.
I didn't see it online though! Good luck!

sophiesmom
09-29-2005, 02:21 PM
I packed up my bag last night to use as my daily 'quick trip' bag. It seems ok. In it I put 2 changes of clothes for kids at very bottom of main compartment, diapers in one of the inside bag pockets, pack of wipes in the other pocket. Had a sippy cup in the outside pocket today. I still have 2 outside pockets that are empty, and there are 2 zipper pockets on the top. In one of them I put my stuff - wallet, cellphone (there is a cell phone pocket on the outside of the bag, but i may use that for hand wipes/etc.) and keys. It straps onto the stroller just like the Skip Hops do. I was actually looking at Skip Hops today at the mall and the clips are the same.

I think it will do me good for now (and I love the chocolate cord for fall!) for $20. I'm thinking of a Dash down the line once #3 comes (but hoping they put out new ones w/ out the velcro issues), or a babybaks backpack.... we'll see! (was also checking out the Bumble Bags too, they are nice!)