PDA

View Full Version : Just recieved "factory second" Mothership

09-22-2005, 04:11 PM
Thank you to sophdog33 and the other mothers who've posted about the factory seconds through Fleurville's customer service. I'd been eying the Mothership for a while now, but couldn't justify spending $150 on a diaper bag. I really can't justify spending $75+ $8 s&h either, but the deal seemed to good to pass up.

I ordered the blue with chocolate trim on Friday, and recieved the bag today. According to customer service it had a few nicks in the vinyl but after careful inspection I could only find what looked like 2 pinpricks at the bottom. Everything else is absolutely perfect. I can't believe what a steal it was.

My husband will freak when he sees the credit card receipt, but he'll be happy for the bag when we travel over the Christmas holidays.

asmith130
09-22-2005, 06:45 PM
Can you describe the MS to me? Are you planning to use it as an everyday bag at all? What will it hold? How do you carry it? TIA!!!

09-22-2005, 10:04 PM
The Mothership is big. In height and width it's about the size of a regular mesenger bag, but it's quite a bit deeper (The website says its 5" which seems about right.)The changing pad has its own pocket and I like the drawstring bag for holding dirty diapers. Overall it seems well organized with lots of pockets and sleeves but plenty of space in the interior. I like that the interior is dark brown rather than black so it doesn't seem like a black hole. Also, it isn't as stiff as I worried it would be.

My son isn't due until November and I doubt I'll use it as a day to day bag at first. But the entire family is out of town, and we'll definitely use it for travelling early on. It's seems perfect for the airplane. Additionally, my friends with toddlers do use it for day to day carrying--toys, snacks, change of clothes, diapers, wipes etc.

sophdog33
09-23-2005, 12:25 AM
You're welcome! :) I am so glad you got a great bag too! They are really not as bad as they describe them! With mine, you really cannot see the flaw at all! I asked DH to "find" it - he couldn't!! No kidding I could not spend $130 on a diaper bag so getting one for half off was great!

kboyle
09-23-2005, 11:49 AM
Do they have factory seconds of the Sling Tote? How would I go about finding? Just go on website and call customer service?

Thanks

kboyle
09-23-2005, 12:42 PM
Just called and they have a few factory seconds left, but they donated most of their stock to Katrina victims. They have no Sling totes, but they do have Motherships ($75), Alpha 7s (didn't ask price) & Escape pods ($25) she knew she had all of those in pink or blue, but had to check with inventory to see what prints they had avail. That's such an awesome deal for what everyone says are minor defects!