PDA

View Full Version : Changes to the Fleurville Sling Tote!!

ellies mom
09-22-2005, 10:53 PM
I just got my Sling Tote. They were on back order just about everywhere so it took awhile. I'm so glad it did. The older Sling Tote had a built in insulated bottle holder. I don't think it was removable, and that was the only thing I didn't like about the bag. It was such a waste of space for us. The new Sling Tote has a fancy detachable bottle holder. It kind of just clips in place. It is big enough to easly hold Avent bottles or bottled water and it kind of closes at the top. It is just great.

I'd have been so bummed if I had gotten one of the old ones and then found out about the new ones, so the delay was a blessing in disguise. Not to mention that because of the wait I got a matching wrist bag for free.

jenfed1
09-23-2005, 12:27 PM
That's nice that they changed that....I thought that bottle pocket took up way too much room. I wish they had outside bottle pockets for a water bottle or dd's bottle though...

ellies mom
09-23-2005, 12:46 PM
So do I. I love the pocket on the Duo, but I guess it would "ruin" the lines. Oh well, I'm still tickled.

callalillyanne
09-24-2005, 08:09 AM
I am happy to see these changes as well! I have the "old version" sling tote, and I wish I could take out the bottle holder! I do use bottles, but that thing takes up so much precious space! ;)

Hmmm, maybe I will get that green ballistic ST I have had my eye on ;) Thanks for sharing!

table4three
09-25-2005, 09:38 AM
I just received the ST I had ordered in gold flower. It apparently is the new one with the removable bottle holder. However, I don't see the key clip/caribiner anywhere. Was that removed when they made the new changes?? Does yours have one?

http://lilypie.com/baby1/060325/3/15/5/-6/.png

ellies mom
09-25-2005, 12:17 PM
No, mine doesn't have it either. I had to spend a bit of time looking, but it seems to not be there. :(

table4three
09-25-2005, 05:51 PM
That's disappointing. I wonder why they would have taken it out when they made the changes. I'd love to have it - I use them all the time in my bags. :( I will say that I'm happy the bottle holder comes out though!

kela
09-25-2005, 08:02 PM
>I just got my Sling Tote. They were on back order just about
>everywhere so it took awhile. I'm so glad it did. The older
>Sling Tote had a built in insulated bottle holder. I don't
>think it was removable, and that was the only thing I didn't
>like about the bag. It was such a waste of space for us. The
>new Sling Tote has a fancy detachable bottle holder. It kind
>of just clips in place. It is big enough to easly hold Avent
>bottles or bottled water and it kind of closes at the top. It
>is just great.
>
>I'd have been so bummed if I had gotten one of the old ones
>and then found out about the new ones, so the delay was a
>blessing in disguise. Not to mention that because of the wait
>I got a matching wrist bag for free.

Where did you order it from?

TIA!

ellies mom
09-26-2005, 11:46 AM
We ordered it from Missfitzs. Although as my DH pointed out, it is way faster if you order from the same side of the country. They run about the same every where and shipping is usually free.

http://www.missfitzinc.com/sub_dept.asp?DeptID=Fleurville-Diaper-Bags

jp96
09-26-2005, 05:58 PM
I just called Fleurville and they said a batch went out that were missing the key clip. If you call them, they will pop one in the mail to you.

HTH,
JP

ellies mom
09-26-2005, 06:40 PM
Wow, thanks. I'll have to send them an e-mail tonite.

table4three
09-26-2005, 11:26 PM
Thanks! I just emailed too.

table4three
09-27-2005, 08:25 PM
They said they'd send me a keyclip, but there is no loop in the bag for it to attach to. Does yours have one?

ellies mom
09-28-2005, 01:41 AM
I haven't e-mailed them yet, but I haven't found a loop for it to go on either.

Karen426
09-29-2005, 05:30 PM
Mine new one doesn't have anyplace to attach it, either. :(

jp96
09-29-2005, 07:21 PM
Yeah, looks like all the stores now have the new bags with no key clips. Bummer.

julieakc
10-04-2005, 12:39 PM
I am bummed that I got mine before they changed the bottle feature. Honestly the built in holder works for me...I stick other stuff in there if I'm not carrying a bottle, but I'm into options....so the detachable feature would be nice.

On the other hand...my ST is the blue stripe which I love (I'm not into florals), and it looks like this pattern has been discontinued as it's no longer on Fleurville's website.

Toba
10-04-2005, 01:09 PM
I'm not so sure it's been discontinued (although I don't know for sure) ... I've seen it listed on several websites for sale, but backordered with a note saying it's not available until Spring of 2006. I was also looking at that one (because of the black trim instead of brown), but I just couldn't tear myself away from the Gold Flower.

~Kimberly Anne~
Noah Nevan, March 12, 2004
*the light of my life*

JenfromWI
10-05-2005, 07:41 AM
I received my sling tote (my first one) a couple of weeks ago with the new features. I did not receive the carabiner. I emailed David at Fleurville, who sent one out right away. I also was confused where to put it. On pictures I've seen, it looks like there is a key clip, which must be the previous design. He gave me a few places- on the shoulder strap, where the bottle bag attaches inside the bag, or where the messenger strap attaches. I wish there still was a clip for my keys!

Jen, mom to Ellie 2/04

table4three
10-05-2005, 12:26 PM
Mine didn't come with one either and I just got the keyclip in the mail. I clipped it onto the zipper on the small pocket in the front pocket of the bag - the one where there are fleece lined pockets. Seems to be working so far.

Karen426
10-05-2005, 03:00 PM
I got mine today, and it IS smaller than the one from my MS! So it does fit through the zipper. I had previously tried it with the other one and it was a no-go. Thanks for the tip!

-Karen