PDA

View Full Version : Bumble bags or Mothership?

my3fallkiddos
09-23-2005, 11:44 AM
My Dash just isn't big enough but the Lands End DIA was TOO big. Looking at other diaper bags it looks like the Jessica Bumble bags and the Fleurville Mothership are good choices. Which one is better organized? I'm packing for two kids, my newborn son and my 22 month old, so I really need space and organization!

Thanks!

asmith130
09-23-2005, 12:06 PM
I am in the same boat - one 17 months and one 3 months. Next on my list to try are the Jessica Bumble bag and the MS! I'll be interested to see the responses to your question!

lmintzer
09-23-2005, 12:09 PM
I have two little ones (only one in diapers now, but I still need a spare change of clothes in case on an accident for my older one). I am anxiously awaiting my backordered Jessica Bumble bag in Blue Latte. I will post about it when it gets here.

my3fallkiddos
09-23-2005, 12:49 PM
I just reorganized my Dash and it seems a bit better. I now have a spot for spare clothes which the way I had it organized before, didn't allow any extra room for anything. I'd rather NOT buy another diaper bag (especially since I'm not sure my Twin Swift stroller is working out so I may be purchasing a new double strolelr instead) but sheesh, for me it's so essential to have in one bag everything I need for my two boys! We're going to a few events this weekend so we'll see if I can continue to fill my the Dash with what I need. Its such a great diaper bag that I'd hate to not be able to use it!

asmith130
09-23-2005, 01:43 PM
I looked at the measurements on the MS and the Dash and they are about the same size - the MS is just 1.5 inches wider and .5 inches taller than the Dash, but the organization could cause the MS to hold more. Does anyone has any experience with the Dash vs. MS? Thanks!

golfgirl12_27
09-23-2005, 01:46 PM
Well, I don't have the MS- but it was on my list as possible the "perfect" bag for me. I realized that I wasn't in love with the vinyl. Then I finally saw it IRL and I'm glad I didn't order it.

I went with the BB Jessica and I'm so glad that I did. I ordered it, having only seen pics online and pics posted on here of other posters' bags. When I first got it, I was disappointed because I didn't think it would be what I wanted. *I should mention that before I got the BB, I got a SH Duo.* I'm an overpacker to say the least so the Duo is usually stuffed. I put everything I had in the Duo into the BB and it looks empty. I don't use the changing pad while it's attached but I like that it sticks on- I always know where it's at. The two pockets that are in that section are great for diapers and a travel pack of wipes, which frees up a lot of room inside the bag for everything else.

I only have one baby though, but I think I would still be able to use it with 2.

The fabric is great, it's still durable and easy to clean without the shiny factor of the vinyl.

HTH,
Suz
dd- Sophia 01.12.05

my3fallkiddos
09-23-2005, 10:26 PM
Suz,

I really dislike the vinyl on the Mothership, that's a big reason why I haven't ordered it yet! I just can't get past that vinyl "slipcover."

On the Bumble bags, are the bottle holders insulated? And can the changing pad be removed at all?

Thanks!

MichelleRC
09-24-2005, 05:34 AM
Not Suz, but I am really happy with my Bumble bag. There are no insulated bottoles holders, but the changing pad does come out.

MyOdyssey
09-24-2005, 09:22 AM
I don't have a Bumble Bag, but I have a Mothership and a Dash. I use the Dash daily and the Mothership for travel. I held off on the Mothership because of the vinyl, but now I'm able to look past it. I do imagine that it could be pretty hot in the summer. Our only child is 18 mos, but I have to carry tons when we travel. This includes everything from a DVD player to 7 bottles liquid medication (one on ice). I was able to get so much into the Mothership and it was still well organized. When I was done there was room for even more. If I end up with a newborn and a toddler in diapers I'll be using a Mothership.

HTH

golfgirl12_27
09-24-2005, 09:39 AM
You can remove the changing pad. It has velcro to keep it in place. The bottle holder isn't insulated, which is okay by me since it isn't big enough for the Avent bottles we use. However, I use that small Similac bottle cooler thingy from the hospital bag and there's plenty of room for that inside the bag with all of my new found extra space!!! lol

feierabend35
09-30-2005, 09:17 PM
The big turn-off for me about the MS is the "messenger" strap that can't really be worn messenger style on many people (including me). I got a bumble from a swapper and I LOVE it, especially that it has a backpack or messenger option. It is also very well organized!
Jenn