PDA

View Full Version : Any pics of the Gold Flower Sling Tote?

Toba
09-25-2005, 07:08 PM
I saw a post that mentioned pics of the Gold Flower ST, but for the life of me, three searches later, I can't find it. Can someone help me out? Please?

~Kimberly Anne~
Noah Nevan, March 12, 2004
*the light of my life*

Sandy
09-25-2005, 10:53 PM
Here you go. For some reason they have it named spring flower on the fleurville website but it is also known as gold flower.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/29501.jpg

Sandy mom to Alexander Thor 3/16/02
& Marisa Mia 4/23/05

Toba
09-26-2005, 08:15 AM
Thank you SO much, but I've seen that pic. I was reading another thread on here that referenced a bunch of Gold Flower pics, so I was hoping to see some more detailed ones. I tried searching for the pics thread, but couldn't come up with anything. But thank you!!
~Kimberly Anne~
*the light of my life*

CharmedOne
09-26-2005, 12:30 PM
I posted some a while back. I love this bag!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=63&topic_id=23292&mesg_id=23292&listing_type=search

HTH!
Caroline

Precious Little Nathan
http://lilypie.com/baby1/060601/2/12/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]

jp96
09-26-2005, 05:31 PM
Has anyone had problems with the clear layer on the Fleurvilles cracking? I'm not sure if I should go with one of these or the ballistic black?

Thanks!
JP

Karen426
09-29-2005, 05:36 PM
I think that was only an issue with the old versions of the bags, which had a different type of vinyl overlay. The new ones are PVC (I think?) and aren't supposed to have the same problems.

BTW, I just got my Gold Flower ST and it's gorgeous. I wish they made it with black trim instead of brown, but I can live with that... I already had one lady stop me at the grocery store, and I've only had it for a few hours!

-Karen

Toba
09-29-2005, 06:21 PM
I just got mine today too!! I LOVE it! I haven't taken it out yet, but it's all packed and ready to go! My Escape Pod in Gold Flower will be here Saturday! I've ordered both from Jen at Expressive Toys and while my entire transaction isn't complete yet, I am utterly flabbergasted at the service I have received ... she's SPECTACULAR!! I will post about my transaction on Saturday! ;)

PS: I've read all about the problems people were having with the older versions of Fleurville products, and that they have switched materials. My Sling Tote (the newer version with the removable insulated bottle holder) is *very* pliable. I wasn't sure I would like the shiny material, but I'm really quite pleased with it.

PSS: I was actually surprised with how big the ST was. It held everything my LL Bean diaper bag (admittedly not fully packed, but still) held and still has PLENTY of room to spare.

~Kimberly Anne~
*the light of my life*

Karen426
09-29-2005, 06:49 PM
Sigh, I want the escape pod, too. I got a purple swirl one because I found it on sale somewhere, but it hasn't come yet. I wouldn't put it with my gold ST, but I'm not sure it would even be necessary in it anyway.

Oh well... I'm saving up for another ST when the new colors come out in Nov. I really want the white/silver to match my MS. Apparently they have the black cord ST available directly now, but I haven't seen any pics and it's $135 + shipping, no discounts. I figure I can wait until retailers get it. I'm wondering whether the bottom portion is silver, since the interior is supposed to be. I hope it's all-black. For some reason I love the white/silver combo, but black/silver seems too... glittery? Or something.

-Karen

Toba
09-29-2005, 07:04 PM
I'm not planning on using the Escape Pod *with* the Sling Tote, just for when I'm running short trips. I'll actually probably just leave it my van full time. :)

I LOVE the white/silver combo too, I just don't think it would "go" with anything in my life. Hope you enjoy your new Escape Pod! I agree with you that the black cord would look better being all black and not a black/silver combo! ;)

The Gold Flower was a HUGE stretch for me. I am strictly a black bag kind of girl. I even had to get a new brown stroller to match the Gold Flower because I'm very anal and couldn't have a brown-trimmed diaper bag sitting in a black/silver/red (2005 P3 in Black Sable) stroller. Actually, I would have been estactic if the Gold Flower came with black trim, but I see now how well the brown goes with it.

~Kimberly Anne~
*the light of my life*

Karen426
09-29-2005, 07:13 PM
I think the EP might be take up too much room in the ST anyway. Even though the ST is pretty compact, I was kind of wondering if it would help separate 2 little ones' things. I have a 18 month old and one due in March. But I've decided maybe she can carry the EP *herself* and I'll just fill up the ST with the new baby's stuff, hehe. She would be thrilled to have her own. She already wants to carry everything.

I know what you mean about the black. I have 5 million pairs of black shoes, but I think I only have one or two in dark brown, and they're not very practical. I'm thinking, great, now I have to buy brown shoes to match my ST! It's definitely the only dark brown thing in my wardrobe.

The white cord doesn't really "go" with anything I have, either. It's just so clean looking. I'm usually not even a fan of corduroy, but this cord is really "flat" if that makes sense. The white is not really a super-bright white, and it looks nice with spring colors. I think it's the only white thing I own, hehe.

I've checked with a couple of retailers and the black cord is supposed to be out at the end of October. Aaaaaa, I can't wait!

-Karen

jp96
09-29-2005, 07:23 PM
Is your bag missing the key clip like most of the new ones out there?

jp96
09-29-2005, 07:28 PM
Is there anywhere online to see a picture of the white/silver?

Thanks

Karen426
09-29-2005, 07:31 PM
In the sling tote? Not that I've seen. Fleurville doesn't even have them in yet; they just told me November in e-mail. I'm assuming the bottom on that one is silver because white would just get nasty immediately. You could try e-mailing them and asking for pics. They're always really helpful.

-Karen

Toba
09-29-2005, 07:48 PM
YES! I was kind of disappointed about that too, but still happy I got a newer version with the removable insulated bottle holder. I still can't figure out why they would discontinue that ... maybe it was an oversight?

~Kimberly Anne~
*the light of my life*

jp96
09-29-2005, 07:57 PM
I called and they told me a batch went out that were missing the key clip. They will send you a new one if you call, but it still won't be attached the way the old ones were. I think I may wait for another shipment to come into the stores. Everywhere that I have called carries the ST without the key clip, in the new version at least.

jp96
09-29-2005, 07:58 PM
Is it white corduroy?

Karen426
09-29-2005, 08:05 PM
Yeah, there will be a white cord and a "tiffany blue" cord, both with silver.

I'm wondering if, over time, they'll re-do the white cord escape pod to have silver trim, too. Hopefully!

-Karen

Karen426
09-29-2005, 08:08 PM
I just e-mailed today and they said they'd send it out tomorrow. Doesn't do much about attaching it though, but I guess it's the best they can do. Maybe I'll rig something up.

-Karen

Toba
09-29-2005, 08:17 PM
I don't understand ... I didn't see the old one so I don't know how they can't be attached ... can somebody explain?

~Kimberly Anne~
*the light of my life*

Karen426
09-29-2005, 08:22 PM
If you look on the tag that came with your ST, the one that shows a diagram of what's inside/included, it shows the carbiner/key clip attached just inside one of the outside pockets. There's normally a little fabric loop that attaches it. On the drawing, they show it kind of pulled out. The fabric loop is missing, too, so I guess your only real option is to hook it to one of the outer plastic rings that the messenger strap attaches to (or sew something in the bag yourself).

-Karen

Karen426
09-29-2005, 08:38 PM
Here's a good link to a picture that shows where it *should* have been attached... the third picture down.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=63&topic_id=25917&mesg_id=25917&page=5#26298

-Karen

table4three
09-30-2005, 03:08 AM
I was hoping to be able to clip it onto the zipper of the small compartment in the front pocket, close where it is supposed to be anyhow. We'll see if it works when it gets here.

http://lilypie.com/baby1/060325/3/15/5/-6/.png

wesleysmom
09-30-2005, 04:43 AM
Actually, I talked to David at Fleurville and the new ones have PVC-free vinyl which I'm really happy about. I wanted an Escape Pod Factory second, but they are all the ones with the old vinyl.I just got my gold flower ST and I love it. It is so pretty. Unfortunately, I don't have the key clip either. That's disappointing, but I'd rather have the detachable bottle holder b/c it is huge and takes up a lot of room.

Karen426
09-30-2005, 10:51 AM
It's too big to go through the hole in the zipper, unfortunately. I tried it out with the one from my new mothership, which I'm assuming has the same kind of key clip. :(

-Karen

asmith130
09-30-2005, 12:58 PM
I have a 17mo and a 3mo and I use the ST. I can answer your question about separating their things. One thing that's great about the ST is that it has those 4 side pockets to hold dipes/wipes. That way their dipes are clearly separated. You may be packing it differently now with just 1 but I think you'll find it works great for 2 as well! I thought about putting the EP in the ST too but I think it would be too much zipping, etc. to get to what you need in the EP. That's just my opinion and experience!

table4three
09-30-2005, 01:17 PM
That stinks. I guess I'll try to rig something up and put a loop in there somehow once the keyclip gets here. If you come up with something that works, let us know! :)

Karen426
09-30-2005, 01:29 PM
I was thinking I was already maxed out on pockets with diapers, wipes, and my daughter's pack of meds, but then I remembered the changing cloth was taking up one of them. I could put that in one of the outside pockets since it's so flat (if I even use it... I think if I'm going to have something non-padded, I'd rather have a disposable one). And having them 2 years apart, I don't suppose they'll have too many things that could be confused anyway-- just diapers.

Thanks!

-Karen

Toba
09-30-2005, 02:48 PM
I strictly use the Huggies disposable changing pads. The thought of putting a fabric changing pad that's been lying on an icky changing station back into my nice, clean diaper bag (next to his snack/drink!! *faint*) just does me in. Honestly, I hardly ever even use a changing pad ... I normally just change my son either in my van or in his stroller. Just purely because of the ick factor. ;) Of course, there are rare occasions where that's just not feasible, so I carry around two disposable ones too.

PS: I also wanted to add that I e-mailed Jen of Expressive Toys to let her know that I received my bag (and other things) and that I was extremely pleased with everything, then mentioned the key clip and that I would have to call Fleurville to receive one. She was unaware they were missing and not only is making sure her other bags have one from Fleurville, but is sending me one with my Escape Pod that she's mailing to me today! She is just awesome!!

~Kimberly Anne~
*the light of my life*

Karen426
09-30-2005, 06:19 PM
I have not mastered the stroller change... Maybe mine doesn't recline enough. Something to strive for, I guess ;)

I'll have to make a note of Expressive Toys... I'm glad they're so easy to work with!

-Karen

jp96
09-30-2005, 09:15 PM
They told me to attach it to the bottle clip fabric loop inside the bag.

jp96
09-30-2005, 09:42 PM
Thanks. Where did you hear about these colors?

table4three
09-30-2005, 10:04 PM
>They told me to attach it to the bottle clip fabric loop
>inside the bag.

That's a great idea! Thanks! :)

Karen426
09-30-2005, 10:29 PM
Ooh, that would work well. I decided to put an extra key ring on the zipper in the front outside pocket and do it from there. I still need the bottle insulator for her sippy! :)

-Karen

Karen426
09-30-2005, 10:30 PM
I just e-mailed them asking about new colors coming out. They seem to be pretty forthcoming with info!

-Karen

jray
10-03-2005, 07:59 AM
Ooh, ooh, I have some pictures!

(I just took some because I'm trying to sell it). It's a great diaper bag, totally adorable and FUNCTIONAL. But I just need something bigger with a toddler and a baby on the way.

You'll be totally impressed by it! The Gold Flower is so pretty!

http://portfolio.iu.edu/jljeffer/sell/fleurville_dp.jpg

http://portfolio.iu.edu/jljeffer/sell/fleurville_straps.jpg