PDA

View Full Version : are any of the skip hops big enough for newborn twins?

baku2258
09-27-2005, 04:24 PM
I am expecting twins in Nov '05. I like the look and fabric of the skip hops better than some of the more vinyl bags. Are any of them big enough for 2 newborns?

If not, any recommendations on other non-vinyl bags that would work? I prefer messenger bags to totes or backpacks.

audball
09-27-2005, 05:55 PM
It may depend if you are cloth diapering or nursing vs. bottle-feeding. Also, how long do you plan on using your bag with the twins? Some moms buy one bag and that is it! But if you think that you are looking for a bag for the early stages of traveling with the twins, then I think either the Expo or Dash may work for you. I'm leaning toward the Dash, since it seems that items are a little more accessible, being more "horizontal" than "vertical" in design.

I don't have twins, but I have an almost potty-trained 3 year old (we still have occasional incidents/accidents) and a 21 month old with lots of food allergies - I pack a lot of his food and his meds take up quite a bit of space. We do well with the Dash. If I have a short trip, I take the Duo, but digging around in a rush does sometimes get to me.

Other bags that you may want to consider:
L.L. Bean Large Touring Bag (idential to their diaper bag, but without the changing pad - you can buy one or borrow one from another bag!)

Bumble Bags Jessica style (bigger, convertible backpack/messenger)

Posh Baby Ultimate Diaper Bag (large but on the pricey side)

Timbuk2 Medium Messenger (great accessiblity, very durable, but no real interior organization)

table4three
09-28-2005, 08:06 PM
I have a Dash and really like it. If you are breastfeeding, I'd say there is probably enough room. If you are bottle feeding, there are 4 bottle pockets (2 inside, 2 outside) so that would likely be plenty. Packing 4 bottles will slightly decrease the interior space, but if you are an efficient packer, it could work.

ETA: I also have the Duo which I really don't care for much and should get rid of. It is just too hard to get things out of it because it is so deep and because the pockets at the top make the opening narrow so it is hard to get things out of the main compartment. I've never seen an Expo IRL, so I can't comment on that, but I love the Dash.

http://lilypie.com/baby1/060325/3/15/5/-6/.png

my3fallkiddos
09-28-2005, 08:27 PM
I would say yes. I have a 22 month old and a 2 week old and after organizing my stuff better the bag fits perfectly!

bubbaray
09-28-2005, 10:07 PM
I have a friend with twin DD's and she uses a Dash.

HTH
Melissa

Maya Papaya!
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040411/3/4/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]

Rach3975
09-30-2005, 07:58 PM
I think it depends on your packing style. If you pack pretty lightly, the Dash is probably big enough. If you live in a suburban area and usually have your car, you can also keep another bag with extras/lesser used items in the car. The 2 people I know with twins were heavier packers, so they used larger backpacks.