PDA

View Full Version : Pateem Pad in a SH Dash and/or Duo?

my3fallkiddos
09-30-2005, 03:02 PM
I'm starting to love my SH Dash but find the changing pad too small. Has anyone used the Pateem Pad w/ their Dash or even a Duo? I'm thinking of getting just the 24" one w/out pockets. Is the PP worth the price?

Thanks!

JTsMom
09-30-2005, 04:30 PM
I've put my lg Patemm w/ pockets into the back pocket of my Dash. It takes up a lot of space, but it does fit if you don't have the bag too stuffed. Lately I've been leaving it out, or if I do take it, I throw it into the stroller basket. I just haven't really needed it. It might be more useful when DS gets bigger, but as of right now, if I could do it over again, I wouldn't get it. I really like the disposable pads for general errand running.

However, there are times when it has come in handy. It's good for changes at a friend's house for example.

94bruin
09-30-2005, 07:17 PM
I carry my large patemm with pockets in the back pocket of my Dash. It's a little bulky, so you can't pack as much in the main compartment. I'm a relatively light packer, so it works for me.

I'd say if you were going to get one, get the larger one so your dc doesn't outgrow it too fast. You can get the larger one without pockets, if you don't want to spend too much. As to whether or not it's worth the money, it's hard to say since mine was a gift. However, I've used mine since the beginning, and can't fathom using anything else (they are all too small!) On occasion, I'll use it alone if I know I'm going on a really quick errand. I also use mine downstairs as a playmat for dd. It's esp helpful with tummy time since dd is a big drooler. Very easy to clean.

MyOdyssey
09-30-2005, 07:26 PM
DS is 18 mos. I have a large Jack Martin w/ pockets. I HAD to get one of these and I rarely use it. I prefer disposables. They're just easier. Not to mention I'm a germophobe. I cant see putting my pad on a public changing table then putting it back in my diaper bag. I usually keep our Patemm in the van. I nice to use at the park or at a friends house. It's a nice well made product. I think it's worth the money if you actually use it on a regular basis.

michlyn
09-30-2005, 09:21 PM
I have a large and it fits in the back pocket of my Duo. I really love mine, but I got it before her price increase. I sometimes use it downstairs when I'm too lazy to walk upstairs to her changing table.

kboyle
10-01-2005, 02:22 PM
Do you think an Escape Pod would fit in that back pocket?

asmith130
10-01-2005, 06:21 PM
Hi - I use the PP in my Dash. It works fine.

As for is it worth it or not I'd say it depends on how old your child is and what your days are like. I use it for my 3mo in place of a blanket as a tummy time and floor time mat at home and in a Bible study thing I do where she's in class with me, as well as a changing pad.

I have the large with pockets and it fits in my sling tote and dash. HTH!

jenfed1
10-05-2005, 02:33 PM
Nope, the Escape Pod is like it's own little bag...it wouldn't fit in an outside pocket. It could probably fit inside but it would take up the whole bag!