PDA

View Full Version : What to put in newborn's diaper bag?

ChrissyJames
10-01-2005, 10:02 AM
I did it! Bought the Shanghai Mommybag in truffle and I love it (hope it goes okay with the charcohl Phil & Teds E3 I plan to buy next!). My next question for all of you with experience - what do I put in it for a new born? Like, how many changes of clothes, diapers and accessories?

amp
10-01-2005, 10:28 AM
I always kept about 3-4 diapers (less later on), travel pack of wipes, one change of clothes (down to the socks!), a burp cloth or two, bottle/s w/ formula powder in them, bottle of water, stuff for me (lip balm, wallet, kleenex, water. In the car I made sure I had a blanket and another extra bottle and bottle of water, as well as an extra shirt for me (spit up or breast leakage issues). For awhile I carried things like diaper cream and tylenol, but I realized I know when I'm going to need stuff like that, so why bother carrying it? That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

tmrbwilson1998
10-01-2005, 02:20 PM
Andrea hit pretty much everything I have packed for my newborn...I also keep one of those thin rec'ing blankets in case I need to BF while out and about or if baby gets chilly (I always have a blanket with us, but sometimes the thin one comes in handy, too).

If I plan on being out for a long time, then I may pack some gas drops, Tylenol, diaper rash ointment, and travel powder. However, if I am just running to the store, then I don't usually bring that little toiletry bag with me. Also, if I am planning on being out a long time, I may pack 2 sets of clothes as DD has blow-outs quite often (with DS, I only packed one set of clothes with an additional onesie in case there was a little leak that only reached through the onesie he was wearing).

I carry my diapees and wipees and have around 5 size 2 dipes and a hard case of wipes in it. Oh, sometimes I pack an extra pacifier in case I drop one!

HTH!
Tina

nfowife
10-01-2005, 07:18 PM
I am a pretty light packer. I packed a change of clothes, 3-4 diapers, travel pack of wipes (I use the huggies travel packs that are soft-packed with their own open/close thing, no need to always refill the hard travel cases, so much easier!), 2 pacifiers, desitin, and a recieving blanket. I also pack my own stuff- lip balm, wallet, cell phone, breast pads (not anymore, but I needed them in the beginning!)and a pack of disposable changing pads. To be honest even now I rarely change DD when I am out and about because I rarely leave the house for more than 1 1/2 hours at a time! I'm a slave to her naps right now!

juliasmom05
10-01-2005, 07:35 PM
In addition to things pp's mentioned, I also carry a couple of ziploc bags, or something similar, to put dirty diapers in.

Marci

Mom to Julia 4/12/05