PDA

View Full Version : With all the diaper bag choices...where do I start?

Marriedladytara
10-03-2005, 11:28 AM
I'm due in February. I was originally going to get a LeSportsac Diaper Bag, mostly because it seems so light. Then I decided that maybe a Land's End one would suit my needs better. But then I found this website, and with all of the Bumble Bags, and STs and Dash bags..wow. Besides, my sister told me to pick WHATEVER I wanted as a gift. Any suggestions? I'll be mostly at home with the little one for the first six months. We live in a major city, and will do lots of outoorsy city stuff, but we also take lots of road trips and lots of trips to the mall. Please oh wise ladies (and gents)...where should I start?

kboyle
10-03-2005, 09:26 PM
I just got my Dash today and I love it! I have a target SH dou knock-off that I also love as well, but it's not enough for 2 in dipes. I've seen the Motherships and they are way too big for me & my stroller. I'm a mall mom and the SH stroller attachments are a must have. I debated the LeSportSacs for a while before I finally got the Dash and am still looking for a good deal, but on the deluxe messengers, not the diaper bags. There is a Lesportsac blk dipe bag for $50 on the babybags site, check the database.

If you are strollering a lot I'd go with something that has attachments.

Have fun on your search!

bubbaray
10-03-2005, 09:39 PM
Well, I think all moms should have a Skip Hop of some sort. If you are outdoorsy, why not a denim Dash?

I also think everyone will use a Lands End Little Tripper, either as a quick outing bag with a newborn or as a toddler bag.

The Fleurville bags are an acquired taste -- either you like them or not. I don't like vinyl bags myself, but if you do, the ST might be a nice choice as a gift.

HTH
Melissa

Maya Papaya!
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040411/3/4/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]

ellies mom
10-03-2005, 11:11 PM
First, you need to think about whether you are a big purse person or a small purse person. If you are a small purse person, then a Dash or ST sized bag would be plenty big enough. If you are a big purse person then, you would want a larger bag. Personally I like the bags that connect to my stroller although I don't mind carrying the ST. I hate carrying my SkipHop Duo, although it is better on the stroller than the ST. Then you need to think about whether DH is going to be a crybaby about carrying a "girlie" bag. The Dash is a great guy bag. If this bag is all about you with no regard to DH, then maybe go for one of the pretty bags that will make you feel good.

I have a pink stripe ST and a red SkipHop Duo. I wouldn't mind replacing the Duo with a red Dash, but DH is content with the Duo so I guess we'll just be sticking with that.

Hope this helps a little.