PDA

View Full Version : Ju-Ju-Be Bags?

adelynsmom
10-04-2005, 02:27 AM
Anybody been paying attention to this new line that was just released? I just happened upon them when I was checking out that expressivetoys.com website. Turns out they are local to my area and the bags seem VERY functional, and cute too!

Anybody taken the plunge yet? Should I be the first to try it out and give you guys some reviews? I'm the mom of a 2 year old, so we don't need a huge bag, so I'm contemplating the BE SMART tote or the BE SMALL bag. I like the idea that they are all anti-germ etc :)

Anyway, what do you guys think?

I think their website is: wwww.ju-ju-be.com

Mikesa3
10-04-2005, 08:43 AM
Yes,please try the BeSmall out and give us a review.:-)
Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids

my3fallkiddos
10-04-2005, 02:56 PM
Oh my gosh I LOVE the Be All! Insulated bottle holders, satin lining, cool accessories, ack! DH would kill me if I bought yet another diaper bag!

parker10302
10-04-2005, 06:20 PM
Oooo, I think when DD wakes up we're going downtown to take a look at them!!! I'm so excited that their local and I can look at it before I buy it! I was thinking about getting a PPP because I wanted pretty fabric, but the Velcro is ridiculous on those things! I think my DD would wake up every time I opened it!!! I'll post back after I see them.
Nicole

mommy to
Grace 10/02
Emelia 4/05

adelynsmom
10-04-2005, 10:40 PM
Oooh, if you get one, you have to post pics! I guess I could go find a store to look at them in person as well, I'm lazy :)

I'm still thinking of the BE SMALL but I think it might be too small... hrm. I'm also not crazy about the colors/patterns available right now, I think they're releasing more colors in the spring.

michlyn
10-04-2005, 10:42 PM
Oh no, another new bag for me to want :) I love the look of the Be Smart and would love to see a review. I'm hoping it will be a good replacement for the Chester tote that I just exchanged for the messenger instead.

Karen426
10-04-2005, 11:21 PM
I ordered the BeSmall, so we'll see! I'm excited :)

-Karen

firsttimemommy
10-04-2005, 11:21 PM
I ordered the besmall from jen at www.expressivetoys.com and I will happily post a review when I get it!

Ronda
Proud Mommy to 2 adorable munchkins - 1/03 and 4/04

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes........that way you are a mile away and you have their shoes."

jasabo
10-05-2005, 09:46 AM
They look like really great bags. The Be All seems like the perfect size for me and the organization looks good. I'm dying to try one, but I don't like any of the prints they have out now. If they come out with some prettier fabrics, I'll definitely try one.

Lisa - mom to 2 yr old twin boys

Karen426
10-07-2005, 02:43 PM
I got mine today-- here are pics!:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kpower426/album?.dir=/5bd2&.src=ph&.tok=phaNXvDB3W5ZFN7W

-Karen

parker10302
10-07-2005, 04:48 PM
So I walked to the store, it's right near my daughter's preschool...and get this, it's upstairs, and there isn't an elevator nor a ramp!!! I couldn't exactly leave my stroller with my two little ones downstairs while I looked! Not a very smart location for a children's store!
I'll go back while my big one is in preschool and try again!
Nicole

mommy to
Grace 10/02
Emelia 4/05

Mikesa3
10-07-2005, 08:02 PM
Review Please.:-) How do you like the strap length? Will it stand up without tipping if the front pocket is packed full? Also can you unzip the double zippers in the middle without having to open it all the way?
Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids

LD92599
10-07-2005, 09:56 PM
Mainly the interior? I love the interior view of the other bag on Jen's website....but I'd be curious to see how the backpack is inside.

Laura
mom to William

LKibala at optonline dot net

http://lilypie.com/pic/050530/616a731.jpg[/img][img]http://lilypie.com/baby3/030305/1/2/0/-5/.png

Karen426
10-07-2005, 09:58 PM
The strap is about 36", the drop being 15.5" Definitely too short to use as a messenger bag, but a good size for one shoulder. It does have a tendency to be front heavy even when wearing it, because the strap isn't centered (it's towards the back, and the main zipper is towards the front). So yeah, it'll tip. You can unzip the zippers just to the corners and reach in to get something if you want, but it's really nice to also have the option of opening it fully. I really do like it a lot. Because it opens all the way, you can stuff it full and not have to dig (but you would need a place to lay it out).

The only thing I'm a little concerned with is that the magnet on the front pocket seems pretty strong, and I'm not sure what that means for cell phones/credit cards/other sensitive stuff. Also, some of the pockets (I can take more pics later of all the ones on the inside) are almost overkill... they're small and flat with a zipper, but if you're switching things back and forth like most of us, you have all your small things in a cosmetic bag/wallet/wristlet already. Other than those issues, I can't really come up with anything negative. I really do think it's a perfect depth and it's a great design for a bag. I love being able to lay things in and not worry about digging for them. I wish it came in more patterns/colors, though.

Maybe I'll take some more pics later tonight... on my way out at the moment. I'm anxious to see some pics of the other patterns too.

-Karen

kidkat
10-11-2005, 05:26 PM
http://www.ju-ju-be.com/packabe_inside.html

I see today...there are inside pics of all bags-they are kind of funny :) they wrote funny things-about looking inside the bag-I think that is what expressive toys has too....

I think I want the Be All-let me know if anyone else sees it in person-or purchases.
THANKS!
Kat-new mommy on-line that really doesn't know what she's doing :)

I'll get a cool signature set up soon!

lizuhd
12-06-2005, 09:27 AM
I was looking into purchasing the Be All and I saw this thread. I was wondering if anyone else purchased any of these bags or have any updates to the ones that were posted before. Thanks!

Elizabeth

kbh9
12-07-2005, 11:06 AM
I am also looking into the Be-All and would love to hear more.

Do these bags of attachment loops to attach to a stroller? I would want to hang/attach to a Bugaboo.

Thanks!

asmith130
12-08-2005, 02:49 PM
I have the packabe backpack and really like it! It has 2 pockets for diapers/wipes, one smaller zippered pocket that I keep a small magnadoodle in (not zipped) along with another toy and an insulated bottle holder. It also has another small pocket that I keep toy cars in (it's long and narrow - probably would hold about 12 pens).

Then the outside has 2 compartments for more stuff like cell phone, wallet, etc. plus 2 outside bottle/sippy pockets.

I really like the bag - I have the sassy stripes one.

feierabend35
12-09-2005, 12:52 PM
I have the BE ALL and it is my FAVORITE bag. I have a newborn and it is a great size for short trips for me, a heavy packer. Plus, I can put my wallet, cell phone and Loom clutch in the front "mommy pocket" and I don't have to carry a purse. The organization is great and my Dr. Brown's bottles fit great. The strap is for one shoulder carrying, but I am okay with that. I would compare it in size to the SH Dash + the mommy spot. And, it comes with a great quilted change pad.
I got mine from Jen @ expressivetoys.com and she is FABULOUS! Incredibely fast shipping!
Jenn

Edensmum
12-09-2005, 03:08 PM
So is that about the size of an escape pod? Looks like it holds aobu that amount maybe a bit more. I like the strap on this better. I can't get another bag grrrr.
Eden 9/04

emmiem
12-09-2005, 06:32 PM
I bought the Be Small and packed it up and hated it. It can not be used as a messenger at all and it is too heavy packed to just sit on your shoulder. The mommy pocket is a joke to use unless you don't use a wallet. I did like the material and color inside. I generally carry two diapers, pad, wipes, straws, wallet, credit card case, cell phone, notepad, pen, and checkbook. I packed it and it was stuffed and I really didn't like the way it was organized. I took everything out and repacked it in my Timi and Leslie and sold it on babybags for a huge loss (somebody's bargain of the month!) Guess I carry too much and am too particular in where I put it.
Michele

knaidel
12-10-2005, 08:18 PM
I had a Be All and sold it on swap. All the zippered pockets are great. It is about the same size as the Dash , but an inch or so deeper, so it definetly feels like it holds more.

This is why I sold it:
I need an adjustable strap. The strap on the be all isn't.
I also like to have some way (maybe d-rings) to attach to the stroller.
Colors: I originally had a black with grey lining. I thought it was way too masculine. I returned it for the brown with pink lining, but the pink was too bright for me.

If these things don;t bother you, then it is a great bag. Also, the changing pad is quilted, and looks and feels really nice.

-Rachel