PDA

View Full Version : Trying out Skip Hop knockoff... love the stroller attachment!

sophiesmom
10-04-2005, 03:24 PM
Now I know why most of you ladies like the Skip Hops stroller attachment feature. I just used mine today (it's the BRU Duo knockoff), and loved having it attached to the stroller. It was up nice and high and everything was in better reach.

I think once #3 comes along the Dash will be a contender for a new bag!

:-)

bbagel
10-04-2005, 05:30 PM
Can you tell me the exact name of the Skip Hop BRU knockoff (or the SKU)? I know you told me in another post that it's a Koala Baby. Since BRU is a little bit of a hike for me, I'm going to call them before going to see if they have the SH Duo knock-off.

Thanks so much! I took a look at the Target knock-off one, and it's okay. Was hoping that the BRU knock-off would be a little better, like what people are saying on these posts! :)

sophiesmom
10-04-2005, 08:22 PM
It's called the Convertible Diaper Bag/Stroller Bag. The SKN# is 215535 and it's 19.99.

I think the quality is much better than the Target one. I don't know if it is bigger or smaller than the Target one though. I loooove the brown cord. It did come in kaki cord and black nylon.

It definitely is for short trips though . In the main compartment i have 2 changes of clothes, a camera in case, and the diapers and wipes in pockets, and there is room left for other things, but not a whole lot. There is 2 zippered pockets on each top side though, I thought was only 1!

Good luck w/ BRU!

Rach3975
10-05-2005, 09:57 PM
I've seen both the knockoffs, and the BRU is closer to the Duo than the Target one is in terms of compartments and pockets. The Target one has a few shallow compartments with no closures--what were they thinking? I think both the knockoffs are smaller than the original, but I didn't have my Duo with me at the time to compare.

CecilysMom
10-05-2005, 10:38 PM
I had my Duo with me last time I went to BRU, so I compared it to the knockoff one. It seems that all the pockets are exactly the same. The only thing I noticed was the Koala Baby one was maybe an inch shorter than my Skip Hop.

sophiesmom
10-06-2005, 05:56 AM
I saw the Duo last week in Right Start, and the BRU one is definitely a little shorter.

debbiet.
10-06-2005, 02:57 PM
The BRU Knockoff is really flimsy, plus "puffy"
I would save the $20 and put it towards the real deal.
Just my 2 cents.
Deb