PDA

View Full Version : Fleurville Sling Tote new colors?

adelynsmom
10-05-2005, 12:50 PM
I heard that there are a few new colors coming out, but has anyone seen pictures? Is there a new blue color?

My situation: I'm buying this for a gift for my SIL who's due in December. She does not know what she's having so I don't want to get one too girly. I'm not very keen on the plain black one, just seems boring to me. Also her stroller is Navy Blue and one of the main reasons I'm buying this specific bag is so she can hook on to her stroller.

I mean, she is the one carrying it, so I don't see why I HAVE to get her one that's gender neutral because she's a girl anyway, lol, so if I had to get one now, I'd probably get floral sky, or gold flower, neither of which actually match her stroller, but I like the patterns :) I think the Pink (green) stripe is cute and the black would probably be better for the stroller than brown (the bars are black) but it seems kinda girly and actually she's not a very flashy kind of person, so I don't even think she'd like it. Or should I try to find an aqua stripe? Isn't that color discontinued?

Any new color info or suggestions for color for my SIL??

Toba
10-05-2005, 04:42 PM
I'm not so sure the Aqua Stripe is discontinued ... I've seen on a few sites that it's backordered until Spring 2006. Whether that's true or not, I don't know. Honestly, with the color scheme of the stroller, I would think the Aqua Stripe would be your best bet. The new blue that I heard about is a Tiffany Blue, which I'm *guessing* is like the classic Tiffany (jeweler) blue. FWIW, I have a boy and just bought an Escape Pod and a Sling Tote in Gold Flower. They are my first "girlie" diaper bags, and I am in love with them both. My son never carries the diaper bag anyway. ;)

~Kimberly Anne~
Noah Nevan, March 12, 2004
*the light of my life*

Toba
10-05-2005, 04:49 PM
Here's one that says backordered until Spring 2006: http://www.oh-howcute.com/fleurslintot.html.

This one says that it usually ships the next day, so maybe you'll get lucky and they have one in stock:
http://www.mommyshop.com/flpistslto3m.html.

This one doesn't say it's out of stock either: http://www.jetsetbaby.com/jsb/jsp/product.jsp?pid=fsa.

Another:
http://www.travelingtikes.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/online-store/scstore/fleurvilleslingtote.htm?E+scstore.

I can't vouch for any of these stores, as I just did a quick Google search. Hope that helps you out!

~Kimberly Anne~
Noah Nevan, March 12, 2004
*the light of my life*

Karen426
10-05-2005, 04:52 PM
I haven't seen pictures, but there's supposed to be a tiffany blue coming out soon. I don't know that it would look great with navy. I think the white cord one due to come out would look nicer. I've seen the aqua stripe in person, and I just didn't like it. The stripes look a little less clean than the pink stripe fabric. Here's a close-up of the swatch:

http://store.nordstrom.com/popup/product/colorswatch.asp?ColorSwatch=IMG~product/swatch/large/162539-BST.jpg&ColorName=Blue%20Stripe

Hope that helps! You can still get it at some retailers, but I think it might be the old sling tote with the built in bottle holder.

-Karen

adelynsmom
10-05-2005, 10:09 PM
wow, thanks for all the links, I'll check them all out in a sec. Maybe I'll show my SIL and see if she likes it, she already knows I'm getting her diaper bag anyway :)

adelynsmom
10-05-2005, 10:10 PM
That's what I was afraid of, I kinda wanted the new ST with the removable bottle holder. I have the Alpha 7 and I hate how that thing takes up so much room, it's like half the bag on my A7.

julieakc
10-06-2005, 01:13 AM
According to Fleurville:

"Our factory is having a hard time sourcing the Aqua Blue fabric. We will be doing that fabric again, but it probably will not be available until next Spring."

I had emailed them about something else and asked about the blue stripe because I was curious; the above quote was the reply.

I actually have the blue stripe and love it....I am not a flower person so those patterns, although very pretty, just aren't "me". I am a bit bummed that the bottle holder is now detachable, whereas mine isn't, but as I told a friend of mine I would rather have the blue stripe without a detachable bottle holder than another pattern with one! :P

ellies mom
10-06-2005, 01:40 AM
Here is what they told me when I asked that question a couple of months ago

"Thank you for your interest in Fleurville products.
We will be coming out with a Black Cord with silver
in September, and a White Cord and a Tiffany Blue
Cord both with silver interior in November."

HTH

Karen426
10-06-2005, 02:59 AM
And it makes the A7 look lopsided/uneven when it's not packed to the gills, too. And then the top flap doesn't stick down properly centered. That's the one thing I hate about the A7.

-Karen

adelynsmom
10-06-2005, 03:22 PM
I couldn't agree more. That's why I don't carry the A7 with me, I leave it in the car and take to drop off at Grandma's.

I'm actually looking for myself for a good toddler bag. The only requirement I have is that it's tall enough for, and has 1 cup holder on the inside of the bag, for a somewhat-wide sippy cup (some of the bottle holders are way too skinny). I've just been using my normal purses for the last year for quick trips, shopping, etc., but I am so sick of the darn sippy cup leaking everywhere if it falls over. But we really don't have need for a full size diaper bag, for her all I have in my purse is 1 diaper, plastic wipes case, plastic bib, sippy cup, hand sanitizer. Then my stuff, like wallet, phone, light cosmetics/feminine products. Do you have any suggestions?

Karen426
10-06-2005, 04:44 PM
I'll report back in a few days when my JuJuBe BeSmall arrives :-)

Right now I'm using my ST as my "small" bag, and I do like the bottle insulator for her sippy cup because we use the tall skinny playtex straw sippies. But I'll try the BeSmall with some wider sippies and see how it works out.

-Karen

chiomiami
10-06-2005, 05:33 PM
i just got this st and LOVE it! im going to get the light blue zippy so i thought this would match nicely! my husband bought it from nordstrom online and it was here in a few days!

julie

Karen426
10-07-2005, 02:31 PM
I tried some sippies in my JuJuBe BeSmall and they work just fine. The mesh pocket has a cool gusset and is elasticized. It will keep the cup upright (not insulated, though). It can go pretty wide!

Edited to add: It's 4" wide on the bottom

Here are pics:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kpower426/album?.dir=/5bd2&.src=ph&.tok=phaNXvDB3W5ZFN7W

-Karen

adelynsmom
10-07-2005, 03:22 PM
wow, that's really cute. I have those straw sippies too and I can't believe it fits perfectly in there. You'll have to get those insulated cups from Munchkin? (they're about the same size), they stay cold for quite a while, I always pack it with ice and then water or juice before we leave the house and it stays pretty darn cold the whole time we're out.

Hm, now my plan is all messed up :) I just bought from someone the One Cool Chick small messenger, maybe I'll use that one until JuJuBe comes out with some better colors/patterns. I would've gotten the black/pink one too, but I'd rather have something more neutral, you know?

thanks for the pics! Now I want to get that one too! Arg!

Karen426
10-07-2005, 03:29 PM
Well, my stubborn toddler only drinks from straw sippies, so I'm stuck with this one ;) It's insulated, so it's not too bad if I put ice in it.

They're coming out with 2 new colors in Feb:

http://www.ju-ju-be.com/besmall.html

The lush paisley and the brown/robin, neither of which I'm crazy about. The pink/black one is maybe a leeeettle bit too "trendy teenage girl" to me (if you look closely you might be able to see the rhinestones in the zipper pulls, even). I think I wasn't expecting the pink satin to be so shiny? I don't know. But it's DEFINITELY worth it in terms of functionality. The only other thing I worry about is the magnet on the front flap is STRONG and I don't want it to mess with my credit cards in there, hehehe. I guess we'll see. My husband would probably be thrilled beyond belief that I got a bag that somehow *stopped* me from spending money...

-Karen

adelynsmom
10-07-2005, 04:20 PM
Oh, the insulated ones I was talking about were straw ones too. I have some playtex straw ones but they aren't insulated, so I thought that's what you had.

ANYWAY... yeah I wasn't really digging the hot pink even if it's just inside. I'm not really crazy about the green paisley one either or the brown/robin so much. Hopefully they'll have more patterns later. Or hey, maybe my 2 year old will decide to potty train and I won't need a diaper bag anymore! LOL

I'm sure the magnet won't hurt your CC's, they probably thought of that, right? LOL about the spending, mine would say the same thing :) That's why I use paypal accounts with my private stash for my obsessions.

kboyle
10-07-2005, 08:42 PM
I just saw a ST IRL today for the first time and I LOVE IT!! Too bad I just got a SH Dash in green camo last week. I think the ST might be a little too deep for me, but if David at fleurville gets anymore factory 2nds Ill probably purchase.

Karen426
10-08-2005, 12:16 AM
We have one of the non-insulated playtex sippies, and it sweats like crazy even with just cold water. I'm glad for the insulated ones!

The hot pink is on the underside of the strap, too, so it's pretty visible.

I hope they've thought of the CC thing.... LOL, I guess we'll find out!!

-Karen

parker10302
10-08-2005, 12:17 AM
OT, but how do you like your Dash? I just go the pink camo. I really like the size and the pockets, great for organizing, however the velcro is a little harsh. I feel like whenever I reach into a pocket my hand gets scraped. Am I being too sensitive??? Just wanted another opinion...I might remove some of the velcro if it continues to bug me...
Nicole

mommy to
Grace 10/02
Emelia 4/05

kboyle
10-08-2005, 09:44 AM
There were other posts about this problem. I've had it for about a week now and just got velcro burn on my knuckles yesterday. It did hurt pretty bad. I think in other posts people would cover parts of the velcro, or on the inside of pockets that velcro wasn't necessary they removed the velcro w/a seam ripper. That's what I will do if it becomes more of a problem.

Other than that incident yesterday I love it. It seems a bit too stiff for my tastes, I was also looking at the LeSportSac Deluxe messengers, and that would probably have been closer up my alley, but I'm sure with use and wash it will soften up. My Dash filled, still has more stuffing room. Ive got an escape pod, an extra shirt for both my boys, a bottle inside, formula dispenser, some papers, 2 size 4 dipes, 2 sz 1 dipes and wipes, on the outside i've got 4 hot wheels and 4 playmobil guys, and a book.

So far it's worth it. :)

parker10302
10-08-2005, 11:15 PM
Kristine,
I think I'm going to go ahead a remove some of the velcro. We were out and about for the whole day today and I used the Dash. I think my favorite part is the pink camo and the many pockets. However, it is stiff, and not very easy to get in and out of when in a hurry. I like the toys you listed...in mine we end up with DD's babies and her babies bottles!
Nicole

mommy to
Grace 10/02
Emelia 4/05

my3fallkiddos
10-09-2005, 09:38 AM
Nicole,

My Dash was stiff at first too but its gotten much better over time and use. I do want it to keep some of the stiffness though, so it doesn't get floppy! I guess I'm the only one not bothered by the velcro?

parker10302
10-10-2005, 12:11 AM
Hi Carrie,
I removed some of the velcro last night and now I really love my bag! I find that by removing some of the velcro, the whole bag seems more accessible...I think because I'm not struggling with the pockets and scraped hands, my attitude changes!!!
Nicole

mommy to
Grace 10/02
Emelia 4/05

kboyle
10-10-2005, 08:14 PM
Which pockets did you remove velcro from? Did you remove any from the flap, that's where it bothers me most, but I can;t remove the whole strip b/c then it won't close.

parker10302
10-11-2005, 12:35 AM
I removed the velcro from the outside front pockets an the inside front pocket and it has helped a TON. I agree that the flap velcro is a pain, I thought about removing a portion of it, but was concerned that it wouldn't close.
Nicole

mommy to
Grace 10/02
Emelia 4/05