PDA

View Full Version : Just rec'd my Lands End Do-It-All bag. Yowza!!

jasabo
10-05-2005, 04:01 PM
This is one big bag!! I had no idea they were so huge! And pockets everywhere! I love it!! I fit everything that I had in my SH Dash and still have tons of room to spare, which is fabulous b/c I'm a heavy packer. And the wide opening is incredible! No more ripping things out of my bag to find something. And it doesn't even look that big to me, considering how much room there is. I also really like the straps. I'm a messenger girl usually, though I usually just carry it over one shoulder, so wasn't sure about the two tote style straps. But they're so long that the bag hangs down as low as my messengers do (which is how I like it) and the weight is pretty evenly distributed so it's comfortable to wear.

Just wanted to tell anyone who's looking for a well designed, reasonably priced, sturdy, big bag - try the LE DIA!!

Lisa - mom to 2 yr old twin boys

mommato2boys
10-05-2005, 04:10 PM
DIA is a nice good quality bag, wish they would make it in better colors or patterns, but I guess we can't have everything. This is my "ex-boyfriend" bag, the bag I always go back to!!! LOL!!! It also makes a good overnight bag for trips to grammie's house when they get older!!!

carolines mommy
10-06-2005, 12:18 AM
Also makes an excellent "keep in the car" bag for extras! I love my DIAs!

Erika
Mommy to Caroline Nov 03 and Chelsea April 05

calv
10-06-2005, 07:20 AM
anyone have the LE's link or a picture of the bag? I just tried doing a search for it on their site and can't seem to find it. TIA.

daniele_ut
10-06-2005, 12:34 PM
Here it is:

http://www.landsend.com/cd/fp/prod/0,,1_2_1943_47583_109422_87869_5:view=-1,00.html?sid=6229122418016120090&CM_MERCH=SRCH

I'm not feeling quite so much love for my DIA. I think it will be relegated to a car bag since I just got my Dash yesterday!!

kcgirl
10-06-2005, 02:18 PM
That looks like an awesome bag. I sure could use one like that. Do you know if Lands End has any discount codes??

melbb
10-06-2005, 04:32 PM
And I was wondering if LE ever offers free shipping. I want to order a Little Tripper.

bubbaray
10-06-2005, 10:12 PM
No, no discount codes, only the very rare discount gift certificate for long-time shoppers. Also, no free shipping.

HTH

Melissa

Maya Papaya!
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040411/3/4/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]

kcgirl
10-07-2005, 01:25 AM
I just remembered Sears sells Lands End on their website, and they have this bag listed there also. Anyone have any Sears coupon codes you can share with me?

kdeunc
10-07-2005, 08:13 AM
Usually Sears coupons exclude any Lands End products. Be sure to check the small print!

c914
10-08-2005, 09:04 PM
I bought my DIA at a Lands' end outlet. If you are lucky enough to be close to one - they sometimes run specials. They also have a section of the store w/ returns or merchandise w/ monogramming mistakes. There are good deals to be had if you don't mind buying something w/someone elses name on it.

On their website they currently also have a "Small tailored diaper tote on overstock clearance for $17.50 that looks interesting.

http://www.landsend.com/cd/ov/prod/0,,2_17273_52599_54172_133462_111909_9:view=-1,00.html?sid=8283112998258177690&CM_MERCH=SRCH

my3fallkiddos
10-08-2005, 09:50 PM
I like that tote! I just bought one in the red color. For $18.00 I can hold on to that and use it as my toddler tote in a year or so!

my3fallkiddos
10-09-2005, 09:50 AM
Isn't it a "bring everything from your house" bag? I had bought one a couple of months ago and while thought it was great, I didn't think it fit my needs that well plus I wanted something more stylish. Then DS #2 was born and I decided I needed something that would really hold up well over time and was bigger. I love Lands End (thats what we buy for all of our kids clothes) so I then ordered- and then cancelled- the DIA again, lol. Finally on Thursday, when my Dash was stuffed and I still needed to add an extra outfit for DS, I decided that it was time to cave and reorder a DIA.

I love love love my Dash but right now I need the extra space that the DIA provides. I did get the DIA in blueteal this time! Last tight I had ordered it in the Purple (Claret?) color and it clashed with the blue interior.

I also ordered an insulated bottle holder from BRU that I'm sure will fit inside the DIA. DS is breastfed but when we go out, I bring along a bottle of expressed milk.

And I know the DIA will hold up for years!

Radosti
10-10-2005, 08:36 AM
I stumbled on the DIA bag when it was in the NQP section for $9.99. I bought it and love it. There is nothing wrong with it. They said the color was a bit off from their specifications, that's why it was Not Quite PErfect, but it seems perfect to me.

houseof3boys
10-10-2005, 12:24 PM
I was so bummed that they ran out when it was on the NQP! It appeared as if it were listed, then when you added to your cart it said it wasn't available anymore.

Good buy for you. :)

jblakeg
10-10-2005, 05:01 PM
I'm new to these boards, but came out of frustration in trying to pick the right bag. I"ve received the mini messenger bag, but looking for a bigger bag, but don't really know if i need one. THe LE bag looks great, but not too sytlish, and someone mentionned the DASH, and wondering what that is?? Any help?
Thanks!
Julie (due 12/28)

asmith130
10-10-2005, 07:28 PM
I LOVE my Dash! It's the Skip Hop Dash and it's for sale lots of places. I got mine at expressivetoys.com. I have the denim one and it's really cute and has great organization. Plus it hangs from a stroller so you don't have to carry it when you're strolling. HTH!

jawilli4
10-10-2005, 07:30 PM
The Dash is a diaper bag by Skip Hop. If you do an advanced search on the Dash, being sure to select the diaper bag forum you will find a ton of previous posts about it. Here is one that might help you: http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=63&topic_id=25606&mode=full
Have fun,
Jan
Mama to Ian

kcgirl
10-13-2005, 12:14 PM
What color is the INSIDE of this bag?

kcgirl
10-13-2005, 04:53 PM
Guess I should clarify -- what color is the INSIDE of the Lands End Do-It-All Bag?

jasabo
10-13-2005, 06:32 PM
The inside of mine is light blue. Not sure if that's the case with all the bags though.

I have to say, I've been using it for about a week now and I'm still completely thrilled with it. I can hang it off my stroller with no problem, it's comfy to carry and the organization and storage capacity are great. For someone like me who's a heavy packer and/or has more then one kiddo to pack for, you can't go wrong.

Lisa - mom to 2 yr old twin boys

kcgirl
10-13-2005, 07:58 PM
Thanks Lisa!

That's what it looked like on the website, but you can't always go by that!

Thanks also for the rest of your message -- I'm a heavy packer also, so I thought the way this opened up would be awesome for me!