PDA

View Full Version : Shopping Cart Covers -- Asking For Your Input

kcgirl
10-06-2005, 01:01 PM
I've been researching "all" the shopping cart cover sites and am considering ordering one in the near future. Please share your tips on what I should think about including if ordering a custom made cover. I know different sites include different things, plus you can then order extra pockets, loops, etc. (How many would you suggest?) Is one pillow enough or do you wish you had two? How much cushioning is needed? Do you have the kind of safety belt that attaches to the cart itself? If so, does that work well? And, of course, I want one that will cover anything my baby would touch. Any and all tips, comments, suggestions are welcome, as well as your favorite websites to order one from.

Thanks for your time!!
KCGIRL

P.S. Any specials that you know about?? as I'm kind of strapped for money.

Rach3975
10-06-2005, 10:32 PM
I had a fairly inexpensive one by Infantino that my mother found...can't remember if she got it at Babies R Us or Baby Depot. I found that I never used the pillow it came with because DS was comfortable sitting up without it, and I was looking for any way to cut down on what I had to carry and set up. My strap went around the cart back (through the bars, so to speak), through 2 holes on the cover, and then around DS. One thing I really liked about that style is that I was also able to use the cover on restaurant high chairs. If the strap had attached directly to the cart, I don't know if that would have been possible.

mtrattner
10-06-2005, 10:40 PM
I got mine at sewcuteboutique.com Honestly I did research on all of them for way too long! I definitely over analyzed it. the sewcuteboutique one is perfect!! The one pillow was really only helpful when DD was little and needed a little extra propping up. The two toy loops on the front are enough. I never clip the cover to the cart. The elastic all around keeps it on. The cushioning seems to be just right. We hardly use the pocket. We may put a cup in it but usually I just set it right next to DD.

Great quality and you will probably find many other fans of this cover.

:) Melanie

meshell
10-07-2005, 12:19 AM
I just ordered mine from Cathy at sewcuteboutique as well. I picked my own fabric (the fabric was pretty cheap, only $4.50 per yard). I sent it to her and she charged me about $36 plus shipping for the cover. I'm attaching a picture of the finshed cover...it should be here next week, I'm so excited!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/29704.jpg

tobycat
10-07-2005, 08:55 AM
Although I think the sewcuteboutique ones are really pretty, I really don't want to carry that around. I bought a NOJO (BRUS $14.99). I acutally got it at a consignment store for $3. It does not have a pillow or pockets. It has enough padding to make her comfy and covers the cart handle to ward of the germs. It can also be used on a highchair.

If DD has a bottle with her (rare) I use a hair rubberband around the bottle and attach it to the cart with links. As for toys, she is so interested looking at anything in the store and other shoppers, that toys are not necessar for us. Honestly we are never in a store that long that she needs to have the cart converted in a Barcalounger. Just my opinion.

Candice

genndan100502
10-07-2005, 02:08 PM
Sorry to hijack this thread, but does anyone know what happened to Cathy's website? http://www.sewcuteboutique.com

It's a search engine right now???

I ordered from Cathy before and gave her website out to someone in a restaurant yesterday.

racheller
10-08-2005, 06:09 AM
I placed an order for my cart cover earlier this week and wanted to place another order for a shower gift later this month. When I went to the website, I encountered the same thing...a random search engine. I just sent Cathy an email asking her about this. This is the first time that I have ordered from Cathy and now am concerned whether my order will be fulfilled.

Does anyone have any info?

racheller
10-08-2005, 10:52 AM
All, I just heard back from Cathy and she advised that her website company was having technical problems. They have now been fixed. www.sewcuteboutique.com is now up and running. I feel good again, in fact I'm ordering a second cart cover as a shower gift.