PDA

View Full Version : Best Toddler Tote?

adelynsmom
10-07-2005, 12:01 AM
I think I've asked this before because I've been on the search for a while now, but I searched old threads too and am hoping something "new" has come out that I haven't heard of :)

What I'd really like is a purse with pockets and a bottle holder, lol, but seeing as how they don't exist, I'm trying to find a "pretty" toddler tote that doesn't scream 'diaper bag'.

This is all I need to put in it:
1-2 diapers, wipes case, 1 full size sippy cup (in an interior bottle pocket/holder so it doesn't fall over and leak all over), plastic bibs, hand sanitizer, and my stuff: small wallet, phone, sunglasses, keys.

I've been eyeing the PPB toddler tote for a while now as I think it's the perfect size, but I am iffy on the pom poms and the non-pom pom ones are in prints I don't necessarily love. I'd also be scared that her sippy would leak and ruin the bag. The sippy is a must, she makes me carry it for her everywhere. I'm also still thinking about the Be Smart tote from Ju-Ju-Be's, but want to see more detailed picture or IRL before I can figure if it's the right size. But, I'm also not crazy about their patterns/colors.

Anyone have the T&L small tote? How do you like it?

Any thing else out I haven't considered? Oh also, I'm not so into the rugged looking kinds (LE, Overland, timbuk2, etc). I know, I'm so picky, lol :)

mommato2boys
10-07-2005, 10:01 AM
Fleurville has a purse like one, I can't remember what it is called, Lux I think.....
And if price isn't an issue, Not Rational carries a diaper bag that looks a lot like a purse. But they are expensive!!!!
There are also vera bradley bags that would work, there is a diaper bag and a smaller toddler tote I think. Not to pricey and easy wash.

adelynsmom
10-07-2005, 02:44 PM
thanks, unfortunately, cost is somewhat an issue, but I think I found what I'm looking for!!

On the yahoo group, I found someone selling a NWT OCC Small Messenger. When she ordered it, she had the interior bottle pocket added and also a changing mat. It's georgous too! So, I bought it off her, I can't wait to see if it works. It's small, like 10x10 I think, seems perfect, but I'll have to pack it/wear it and see for sure.

I'm still keeping my eye out though. Oh I also got a Fleurville escape pod today, that I had ordered from their Factory 2nds, it's really cool too, but obviously not designed to hold any kind of bottle or cup. But I think I might keep this one stocked in the car.

bbagel
10-08-2005, 01:38 AM
Can you tell me what OCC stands for? Sorry, I'm new so I haven't figured out all the acronyms yet. I, too, am looking for the perfect sized "toddler tote" and don't like the "rugged" look either, so I was really hoping to follow your saga!

Also, I tried joining babybags on yahoo group, but it's been 2 days and the moderator hasn't approved my request yet! I've sent 2 emails already. Any idea how long it should normally take to join the group?

Please do let us know how you like your new bag!

tmrbwilson1998
10-08-2005, 07:06 AM
OCC is One Cool Chick - cute bags, from the look I have had online! The Yahoo group moderator is out of town...she just left Thurs I believe and will probably check her mail on a limited basis, though usually responses are very fast!

I have the T&L (Timi & Leslie brand) small Bebe tote bag and get SO many compliments on it! It has the vinyl covering if you don't mind it, an one bottle pocket inside with other pockets as well. Plainer than other totes, but nice, clean lines and fun, gorgeous fabrics. I will DEFINITELY use this even after babies, as it does not scream kids!

HTH!
Tina

my3fallkiddos
10-09-2005, 09:44 AM
Have you seen this one?

http://www.landsend.com/cd/ov/prod/0,,2_17273_52599_54172_133462_111909_9:view=-1,00.html?sid=8283112998258177690&CM_MERCH=SRCH

I just bought it last night. While I'm still in "pack it to the gills" big diaper bag stage (2 boys under 2), I thought for $18.00 this was a steal and I could use it later as my toddler tote!

I'm not a "rugged" diaper bag person either but I really don't care for the pom poms on the PPB toddler tote! If they were or could be removed then it would be a great bag! And with the PPB I think, would that really hold up being tossed in the car, put on the floor, pushed into the stroller basket, hung on the stroller handles, being stuffed over time, etc.

Anyway, thought the LE tote might work for you!

mommato2boys
10-09-2005, 02:22 PM
Two Red Hens tote might be nice for you. They have some new prints too. Just another option for you!

adelynsmom
10-10-2005, 02:27 PM
I've been eyeing the T&L small bebe as well, I haven't seen any IRL picture of it though, is it really as long and tall as it looks like? I think it's a weird shape. Do you have any IRL pictures? Any interior pictures? I'm still looking for more toddler totes because I get bored easily and need a good stash to switch between :)

tmrbwilson1998
10-13-2005, 08:44 AM
Sorry this took me so long to get done and out to you (still trying to balance a 2yo and 10-week old)! Here are some pics for you! It has the one elastic-topped bottle/sippy pocket inside. I hope these show you what you need to see; I will be glad to take some pics of it packed if you need a better visual, given that the interior is black! I took a pic of me holding it to give you an idea. I am 5'7" to give you a reference!

HTH! If you have any other questions, I will be glad to help!
Tina

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/29824.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/29825.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/29826.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/29827.jpg

adelynsmom
10-13-2005, 10:34 AM
Thanks so much for the pictures!!! It totally helps since it's so hard to picture what size it really is, how it looks on your arm, etc with just measurements and stock photos. I think I'll keep an eye out for a good deal on those, don't know if I can afford to get one right now as I've now got 2 bags on their way to me :D but I really like the pockets on the inside.

I really appreciate you taking the pictures for me! I can't imagine having a newborn and a toddler, my one toddler keeps me too busy as it is :)