PDA

View Full Version : Skip hop DUO vs. DASH

calv
10-13-2005, 07:25 AM
I'm sorry if this is a repeat ? but what is the big difference between the dash and duo besides the flap? I have a 21 month old and I'm due w/#2 TODAY! So I'll have 2 under to and was thinking the dash is probably better right? TIA for your help.

Looking for the cheapest place to find a skip hop maybe even a very gently used one. Thanks again for your help.

kboyle
10-13-2005, 10:36 AM
I would definately go with the Dash. The duo is a little more deep so it's a little harder to find stuff. I've got plenty of room in my new Green Camo dash for my 2 plus me. In it i've got:
2 sz 4 dipes
2 sz 1 dipes
1 pk Huggies travel wipes
1 sm water bottle for DS
1 bottle for DS#2
formula dispenser
1 shirt for each DS and 1 bib/washcloth
my wallet
3 hot wheels & 3 playmobil guys
1 sm book
cell phone
PLUS
my Escape pod fits in there, and I still have some room. And there is nothing in the zippered pocket or the back pocket.

I could fit the same in the Duo, but it was jam packed!

HTH, and good luck on your delivery :)

DeborahM
10-13-2005, 10:43 AM
I think the Dash is doable for two kids -- but definitely not the Duo. I had a hard time reaching the items in the middle of the Duo when I used the top pockets. The Dash has two good diaper/wipes sized pockets in the inside - great for separating two separate sizes of diapers, holds more & easier to access.

If you're looking for a good price, check out the babybags group on yahoo and see if anyone's trying to sell one there. Just a warning - diaper bags are addictive :)
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/babybags/

Deborah
Mom to Thomas (6/02) and baby Rachel (7/04)
(and corresponding diaper bag collection)

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img] ([img)
15 months and counting

calv
10-13-2005, 11:00 AM
I just wish that the dash was made in cords...that doesn't seem the case, or is it?

asmith130
10-13-2005, 01:44 PM
I have 2 under 2 and use the Dash and love it. It's very user-friendly!

I don't think it comes in cords but the denim is really cute. HTH and GL!

calv
10-13-2005, 01:49 PM
great to know, THANKS!