PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a toddler bag

betsydenny
10-14-2005, 05:35 PM
I am in search of a messenger style toddler bag.
I currently use the small Kelty backpack that came on our huge kid carrier. It is a great size and I love the external mesh pockets on the front and sides for water bottles. But I usually have DS on my back so I need a messenger style.

The Lands End Little Tripper looks to be about the right style tho it could be a tad smaller. I like that it doesnt have the flap to flip up to open like many messenger bags. But it is kind of boring.

I am just looking for something more funky. Not into florals like the Fleurville stuff nor anything that looks to "purse-y"- never carry one. I had a skip hop but it was too deep for me. Cut the top 4 inches off and that would have been great.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Betsy

adelynsmom
10-14-2005, 06:38 PM
If you like the more rugged looking bag (non pursey) you should check out timbuk2, they have messengers and cargo totes in all different sizes, colors. But they have a flap on the messenger, it might be hard to find one without a flap... Or look at Overland Equipment, they have some nice toddler sized bags, the Donner I think has 2 side water bottle holders and is probably the size you are looking for. Not sure if that one is strictly a shoulder bag or if it could be worn messenger style too.

Skip Hop also now makes the Dash which is shorter/wider instead of tall.

I was browsing Ebags.com the other day and they have a wide selection of messenger bags, not necessarily diaper bags, but many of them have the same kind of features.

Good Luck! I've been in a toddler bag search too, that's how I've learned all this, but I'm looking for more of a pretty purse look myself.

priscilla73
10-14-2005, 07:54 PM
I second the Overland Equipment Donner. I have one and I really like it alot.

betsydenny
10-15-2005, 01:32 PM
That looks great! I just ordered it.
Thanks so much for your help!

priscilla73
10-15-2005, 08:47 PM
I hope it works out well for you....post an update if you get a chance.

tiapam
10-23-2005, 07:17 PM
I am loving my Lesportsac Deluxe Everyday Bag. It is a smallish messenger shape without the flap, which I also hate. I use it as a purse with a dedicated spot for a couple of diapers and wipes. If I want to, I can add some food or drinks for DD. The rest is all for me! If she needs a lot of stuff, I take the LE LT. If not, it's just the Lesportsac. The nice thing is you can get it in some very plain colors and also some really wild prints. And it is super lightweight. The pockets are great. I don't even miss a water bottle pocket very much, because there is a big pocket that can hold one, as well as some snacks. There are three zippered pockets on the outside. The small one holds my phone and sunglasses, the medium my wallet, and the big one (on the other side) is for pocket calendar, keys, lipbalm.

I used to have Lesportsacs and always wound up disliking the lack of structure. This bag has more because the wide strap is sewn down to the sides and bottom of the bag.

-Pam

Charlotte born October 2004