PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy a verly lightly used PPB bag for $115?

LuxyBebe
10-25-2005, 04:03 PM
My neighbor wants to sell me her lightly used Fond of flora boxy bp bag for $115. I am new at all this diaper bag stuff and was wondering if that was a good deal? I've been lusting after the PPB bags but cant bring myself to pay so much for a bag that might snag...but this fond of flora fabric seems like it might be more durable?. Does anyone else have this bag and can give me feedback? thanks in advance.

-Madelyn

feierabend35
10-25-2005, 06:21 PM
From what I've seen on Ebay and babybags I would say this is not the greatest price. I know most of these bags (including my own) that are being sold (and have been used) go for $100 or even less. . . just my observation! But, at least you wouldn' have to pay shipping. :)
Jenn

LuxyBebe
10-26-2005, 03:58 PM
Thats true. But I dont like the brocade much because I have a kecci that snags to no end. I might just go for it since the fond of flora is in a different material. *sigh* decisions decisions decision!

-Kim

MommytoLayla
10-26-2005, 07:34 PM
Hey if you buy it and don't like it you can resell it on ebay and get pretty much all your money back. That is the same one I'm looking for!!!
Shannon
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040421/3/0/1/-5/.png[/url]

LuxyBebe
10-26-2005, 08:07 PM
hey Shannon. I got a coupon code for babystyle for 20% OFF making the bag $124 but they dont have it in the fond of flora so I decided to email a couple of othersites w/ free shipping that do carry the print to see if they would do a price match. If any of them will go for it, I'll let you know! thats a great deal if they would do it!

-Kim

jasabo
10-26-2005, 10:23 PM
If it were me, I wouldn't pay that much for a used bag. I'd rather just pay a little more and get a brand new one. Do you think you can talk her down a little?

Lisa - mom to 2 yr old twin boys

ShayleighCarsensMom
10-27-2005, 10:25 AM
I have one that I used once, but its been in my closet ever since. To me it looks like an old ladys sofa...
If you want it, feel free to email me here:

Edensmum
01-25-2006, 04:23 PM
If you like the brocade look but want it to be sturdier you could try a timi and Leslie they have beautiful bags. Infact there was a recent sale on a couple of them and you can find some super deals on ebay on these bags that usually sell for 150.
Just a thought. I have one and I went with this since it is vinyl covered brocade, it's a pretty bag I don't havbe to worry about wrecking.
Eden 9/04