PDA

View Full Version : Toddler Bag that is Backpack or Messenger

hobie
10-25-2005, 05:10 PM
I'm looking for a smallish backpack or messenger bag (or one that convers between the two types). Most of the ones I've seen only have one sippy cup pocket. I need TWO external sippy cup pockets, and enough internal space for a couple of diapers, wipes, baggie of cheerio's, and my stuff - wallet, keys, etc. I like lots of pockets to keep things organized. Unlike a previous poster, I DO like the more rugged type. Any ideas? TIA!

audball
10-25-2005, 05:16 PM
Heard great things about the Dakine Helix. I know ebags carries them and has some nice prints now too. This is just a backpack

I have the Loom Bandicoot and it sounds perfect for what you would like to carry. I think Loom makes the best external sippy cup holders, hands down! This is a backpack/messenger convertible bag.

Rach3975
10-26-2005, 03:02 PM
Lands End Little Tripper sounds like exactly what you're looking for! Doesn't convert to a backpack, though.

pusakat
10-27-2005, 01:11 AM
hi!
I agree with the dakine helix bp...I use it for my 20 month old son I just discovered this bag recently(thanks to this board and the yahoo baby bag group :o) ) and it works well for me...the backstrap is very comfortable and it has two bottle holder(exterior) sippy cups fits great!
I bought mine from ebags...I have the flowery print...very cute! They have a light interior...I emailed dakine and they said the black one has a pink interior and the khaki as well...ebags usually have sell on Sundays like 10% off and free shipping.

I hope this helps!

Kat

hobie
10-28-2005, 05:11 PM
Thank you for your help! I was in REI, and saw this bag - REI's Nikole Day Bag, $40. It's actually cuter in person than in the pic. The interior is a nice light green. There is also a brownish/purpleish color with pinkish interior. The two side pockets easily hold sippies, and there are two interior bottle/sippy pockets. The zippered opening on top opens wide to see everything. It's not a technically a diaper bag, but the zippered pocket on back of the bag will hold a changing pad (from one of my other 'real' diaper bags!).

http://images.rei.com/media/481784.jpg