PDA

View Full Version : Black cord or black ballistic Sling Tote? Any opinions?

maku
10-26-2005, 10:42 AM
I really like the look and organization of the ST but can't decide between the black cord or black ballistic fabrics. I know black is boring but I already have a boxy PPB in a floral print. Anyway, I think I like the look of the black cord better but I am concerned it is too "wintry." I plan on using it year round. Any opinions? I would love some feedback. Thanks.

tobycat
10-26-2005, 10:58 AM
I haven't seen one IRL but would be concerned that the texture of the ballistic fabric would rub against clothing and cause pilling. I had an LL Bean messenger bag that did this and the fabric looked like the ballistic of the ST. Maybe someone else could offer experience with the ballistic.

Candice

ckleist
10-29-2005, 09:01 AM
The ballistic is more smooth and I don't think pilling would be an issue. Personally, I don't like vinyl covered bags and exchanged the gold flower for the black ST, which I briefly owned, but the size was a bit too small. Now that the newer ones come with a removable bottle holder, the size would probably work better for me.

carolines mommy
10-30-2005, 06:33 PM
I am the new owner of the above mentioned black ballistic ST. I LOVE it. I've been using it constantly since the beginning of August and have had no issues with it causing pilling or any other damage. The bag itself still looks brand new too. I am trying to hold out until spring to buy another one maybe this time in a pattern. I want to see if they come out with anything new without the vinyl.

Erika
Mommy to Caroline Nov 03 and Chelsea April 05