PDA

View Full Version : Question on the use of key clips in bags

Mikesa3
10-29-2005, 09:32 AM
I notice many Moms like bags to have a key clip/caribiner for keys. I've never used mine in my bags so wonder why they are liked so much. Is it to make the keys easier to find? I try to stick my keys in a the same pocket each time so wonder what the advantage is of a key clip.Seems like it would take to much time to clip it off and on or do you have a stretch cord on it and just keep your keys connected to bag all the time? Thanks for any replies.
Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids

audball
10-29-2005, 03:25 PM
For me, part of it is just a "little extra" thing that nice bags tend to have and I appreciate. I usually use the caribiner on my jeans belt loop. I have chunky car keys and they usually take up all the space in my pockets otherwise! But it's true, I could probably get along with the carabiner I got from REI...(but the Loom brushed nickel ones look nice too!).

Rach3975
10-29-2005, 10:49 PM
That's one of those features I thought I would love, but rarely actually use. I agree that it's quicker to slip them into a pocket than to reattach them. My clip has a long stretchy cord, but there's no way I could drive with the keys attached. The only time I use the cord is if I have to carry more than usual and need the keys' usual spot for something else.

jasabo
10-30-2005, 06:20 AM
I never use mine either - too much of a pain to attach and reattach.

Lisa - mom to 2 yr old twin boys

murpheyblue
10-30-2005, 09:33 AM
I use mine to clip a pacifier to so it's easy to find.

hapahaolegirl
10-31-2005, 06:27 PM
I have the LE LT and I LOVE the keyring thing. I can keep my keys on my bag and open the car door. This way I never leave my keys in my car or lose them!

Kristen

silversun
11-02-2005, 09:10 PM
I attached a container of diaper disposal bags to the key clip to make it easier to find, but I'm with everyone else... it's easier to just throw the keys into a smaller outside pocket.

sassygirl
11-05-2005, 11:39 PM
I keep a spare key on the clip just in case I am in a hurry and can't find my real keys. It has come in handy a few times. Otherwise, I think it is a huge pain to clip and unclip them every time I'm in and out of the car (which is a lot!!!)

smbirth
11-08-2005, 07:49 PM
I have a LE LT and I clip the caribiner onto the place where the straps attach to the bag---a rectangular shaped piece of plastic---(boy that sounded techinical didnt it?!?) It takes an extra second to get the clip to fit onto there, but to me it is worth it. I dont like using the long cord thing, because I know I wont take the time to tuck to back into the bag and I would grab, DS the bag and go with my keys trailing behind me!!